Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I'm picking up my new 06 GTO this weekend if things go as planned. I wanted to get some advice from you experienced owners out there would recommend I do to it when I can. Planning on getting an aircharger, possibly a tuner of some sort; dont know much about them. Exaust down the line, stock seems pretty good though, And some interior stuff too, I like the Banshee guage pod above stereo and was also wondering if the shift light can be changed to come on with the six speed manual? Any help would be great, pix to come soon :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
the shift light can be programmed
Get the JHP guage pod pricey but worth it
get a GMM shifter again pricey but worth it
crawl under the car and look at the stock exhaust where it goes under the axles.....then you will probably buy a catback
I seen a few GTO's actually lose hp on the dyno with the wrong cai so do your homework
wait on the tune untill you have your mods done

GOOD LUCK and enjoy the car

·
Registered
249 Posts
Im not touching mine until its paid for

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase.

Seeing you have a brand new car, that means you have brand new tires..........ok...........so buy you some new Nitto 275/45 drag radials. The cost should be around $350. The upside is that you still have 2 brand new tires, figure $200 worth of unused tires that you can store in the garage and use when needed. So for $150 you already have your tires.

IMHO the tires are the best bang for the buck, especially on the basis of your new car.

You can get all the things you want to buy, but unless you can put the power to the ground, you are literally 'spinning your wheels'. What good is it to have 400 rwhp if you can't put the power to the ground.

No matter what you do, good luck, and have fun in your new ride.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, Im gettin the 18 inch chrome wheels. I know the 17's are a little wider but i figure get the 18's now and burn em down then just get some nice fattys after that. Anyone have anything to say about yoko's?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.