Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so it's not much to brag about, but I got a slightly modded 1.8t Jetta. He had exhaust and at least a blow off valve. Maybe more, but I doubt it because it was REALLY slow. We were sitting at a redlight and he was revving at me. Real light revs, just to make the BOV hiss a little, but revving none the less. I didn't know if he really wanted to race or if he was just playing with his BOV, but it wasn't in the BEST part of town to race so I decided I would see what he did and just go with it. Well after we rolled out of the intersection, he was about a length ahead of me and he hit it. Well we couldn't have that. So I rolled into it a little, shifted about 5000 and just pulled on past him. It was so nice... just effortless acceleration. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!! :D

·
Registered
42 Posts
slonlo_350 said:
Ok so it's not much to brag about, but I got a slightly modded 1.8t Jetta. He had exhaust and at least a blow off valve. Maybe more, but I doubt it because it was REALLY slow. We were sitting at a redlight and he was revving at me. Real light revs, just to make the BOV hiss a little, but revving none the less. I didn't know if he really wanted to race or if he was just playing with his BOV, but it wasn't in the BEST part of town to race so I decided I would see what he did and just go with it. Well after we rolled out of the intersection, he was about a length ahead of me and he hit it. Well we couldn't have that. So I rolled into it a little, shifted about 5000 and just pulled on past him. It was so nice... just effortless acceleration. I LOVE THIS CAR!!!!!! :D
I remember the first week I had my goat, I'd race a minivan if he looked at me sideways, congrats on kill #1. Here's to many more.
:cheers

·
Registered
163 Posts
Haha, a 1.8t Jetta is the car I traded in on my GTO. It had a very loud BOV but it was actually stock. I used to love listening to the turbo on that thing. That is why I want to just get a tiny little turbo for the GTO, just to listen to it. Plus another 50-80HP would be nice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts