Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the interstate coming home I ran into a guy in a gray stang. It was an 07 or 08...Had black racing stripes and the guy was driving like he needed to be put in his place. So I abliged :cool

LOL I have been anxious to beat a GT since I bought my car so I jumped on the opportunity. I pulled up beside him and dropped her into 3rd. I stomped it and he switched lanes to get behind me and we were off. He was hangin on but I was putting lengths on him slowly. I let off because he got caught up in traffic. When he got free we took off again. Same result. I slowly saw his car shrink in my rear view but i knew he was on it hard because of how slowly he was falling back. Most likely he had some mods because I reached 135 and he wasn't getting trounced as much as I thought at that speed.

The last time we went at it was set up perfectly. NO traffic and we were side by side at 65 or so...I honked three times and hit it. He didn't respond....Long after I let off he hit me with a ricer fly by. He knew he was done at that point.

The first kill and it was gooooood.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats how I felt...then all of the sudden I had two kills in one night hahaha :)

I was like a kid in a candy store!

·
Registered
122 Posts
On the interstate coming home I ran into a guy in a gray stang. It was an 07 or 08...Had black racing stripes and the guy was driving like he needed to be put in his place. So I abliged :cool

LOL I have been anxious to beat a GT since I bought my car so I jumped on the opportunity. I pulled up beside him and dropped her into 3rd. I stomped it and he switched lanes to get behind me and we were off. He was hangin on but I was putting lengths on him slowly. I let off because he got caught up in traffic. When he got free we took off again. Same result. I slowly saw his car shrink in my rear view but i knew he was on it hard because of how slowly he was falling back. Most likely he had some mods because I reached 135 and he wasn't getting trounced as much as I thought at that speed.

The last time we went at it was set up perfectly. NO traffic and we were side by side at 65 or so...I honked three times and hit it. He didn't respond....Long after I let off he hit me with a ricer fly by. He knew he was done at that point.

The first kill and it was gooooood.
Dude, why would you risk racing to 135MPH?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I didnt realize I was even going that fast...till I started slowing and looked down. Im guessing thats about how fast I got up to. I was on a 5 lane highway with virutally NO traffic with the exception of two or three cars in a wolf pack. I cleared them and hit it!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got my 04 Goat 1 month ago. i have pulled up on 3 mustang gt's so far doing about 60. i keep the rpms up around 3500 to 4000 just to make them aware of my presence and to provoke just a little. i would drive side by side matching thier speed. they knew what i wanted but not one would bite. actually they acted like i was not even there. gee i guess i bought the first invisible GTO.

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
I got my 04 Goat 1 month ago. i have pulled up on 3 mustang gt's so far doing about 60. i keep the rpms up around 3500 to 4000 just to make them aware of my presence and to provoke just a little. i would drive side by side matching thier speed. they knew what i wanted but not one would bite. actually they acted like i was not even there. gee i guess i bought the first invisible GTO.
Sounds like a ricer move.

·
Registered
944 Posts
I love people that match speed - it's like a universal 'I'm an idiot ' move.

Still, I have one great kill. Was a late 90s camaro throwing high revs at two lights. I looked at him like 'are you stupid or really stupid'. At the third light I could see a cop sitting at the other light - so I put my hands on the wheel, like I was serious, and gave the camaro's driver some 'we're going for it' looks to keep him from seeing the cop. When the light changed he smoked the tires and took off - the cop was on him in seconds. As I drove by he looked near tears.

Yes, it was mean of me, but the guy was trying to race in a school zone. I hope it's a long time before he gets back on the road. He looked about 20, so I'm sure his insurance is now more than a car payment. The fool thinks he's such a great driver yet can't see a police car at the other light. I'm sure kids crossing the street would be invisible.

To all you young NDFs - quit thinking you can drive and everyone wants to race you.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Street racing is a lose/lose decision. Unless you're where only the deer and the buffalo roam, there's always a good chance you're going to injure an innocent. If you avoid an accident and are caught by the police and charged with racing, you're going to pay a heavy penalty.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Not since I was a teenager. I'm not trying to be sanctimonious; simply stating my opinion that street racing puts those not involved at risk. Given the proper conditions, I'll exceed the speed limit but 'racing' involves too many other factors besides speed. Besides, I know that when two cars are racing in traffic, everyone else is thinking/saying "look at those a**holes".

·
Registered
670 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
I'll say I did, but everyone in the area went to the same street, which was by a river and never used - I MEAN NEVER. The police would pull up once a month or so, but you played the odds. They got me once, in 84, and the tickets came to $2500. The only reason I didn't lose my car is the other guy I was racing was a cop in his 340 Dart. I won the $300 bet, but it was still a crap day. After that it was the track or nothing.

People today don't even seem to have a clue. You see all those stupid racing from rolls posted, and multiple runs. Races start at ZERO and have to have money at risk. Racing for free is like playing poker for free - it's just not the same.

Anyway, people just out taking their kids to dinner or something don't have a clue some person's doing 110 in a 45 zone. In the end, how is the risk worth it? You stand to gain nothing and lose a lot, and not just you. I would never race in general traffic. I let my speed get away from me once in the last five years, and was within two feet of it turning out bad. You just can't predict what people will do.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
If these stories offend people so much, then maybe we should just have the admin delete this entire section.

Then I don't have to see posts like:
1. "I beat car X"
2. "Nice Kill"
3. "Car X sucks"
4. "You're an idiot for speeding"
5. "No way we were at X place"
6. "I don't race anywhere except at the track"
7. "Car Y is faster than car X. Every time"
8. "You're gonna kill some one"
9. "There's no way you beat him with those mods."
etc...

:rolleyes:

Obviously this section encourages these types of posts, so...

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I agree on deleting this section. Way to many precautions involved with racing on the streets. I've had 3 of my friends die from racing. One of them was just driving to the beach when she was hit by someone racing. No way in hell do I condone it!

You got my vote with deleting this entire section

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.