Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend of mine just bought an 04 GT and kept bugging me about racing.

So we finally got to it. We were rolling at about 30mph and he punched and I let him go for a few seconds then ran him down from behind.

We lined up again at about 35 and we it punched together, it was almost cartoonish how bad I left him behind me.
This was my first mustang kill and I have to say I'm very disappointed in their performance.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Haha what did you expect, they only had 260hp at the time, line up with a newer GT its going to be much closer. Nice kill!

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Haha what did you expect, they only had 260hp at the time, line up with a newer GT its going to be much closer. Nice kill!
On the other hand I think the Mustang owner should have known how much power the GTO had. He thought his ride was really something and had to find out the hard way that it wasn't. Pity on him.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Yeah he should have known better. My friend had one same year and five speed, he kept it at my house and said I could drive it. He had CAI and catback. Thing was gutless but sounded good, had nice fat Cobra rims too. The funny thing was when I first drove it I tried to get it in 6th, I was grinding reverse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts