Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. i just wanted to show the first pic of my 65 GTO after being painted last week. As my friend (the painter) says "this car is just falling together"
On Wednesday we dropped the body on the frame and bolted it down. Today we started putting chrome on and other misc items. Next week will be window regulators, grilles, bumpers and rear end bezels and chrome. So what do you think??????

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the positive comments. I am very excited to see the car progress in the last few weeks. We strayed a little from stock by painting the firewall and inner hood surface body color. I'm very happy with the results.

Attachments

·
Registered
668 Posts
Holy smokes! I hope mine looks that good when I get color on it. I love that color on yours, makes me wish the father in law didnt have a yellow one.

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
Great looking car!!! I always loved Fontaine Blue. Understated, classy, and contemporary, 46 years later! With all due respect to 66TempestGT, the bumbers are adjustable side to side. They slide on the brackets where the brackets attach to the bumper. Just did two sets: a '65 and a '67. No shifting of the body...the body mounts are non adjustable.

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
As said, beautiful...:cool

I prefer body color on the firewall and even inner fenders. Brightens up the underhood. Most engine bays is like looking into a cave.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys. I have to give credit to my friend Dave who painted the car. He has been putting in alot of hours on it lately to get it to where you see it. The man is on a mission. All of the prep and paint work was done in less than 2 months.
Not to add that he works on other projects while working on mine. I dont know how he does it??? I should be bringing her home to my garage this week.:cheers

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still plugging away at it each day. Got all the glass in today. Front and rear reveals are in. Waiting on a back ordered tail light lense to finish assy of the rear chrome. Bumpers went on today. Gas tank and wipers assy on Wed.:cheers

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got a little more done today. Still waiting on the left tail light lense to complete the rear chrome assy and door lock gaskets too. New wiper blades and the exterior is complete.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Very nice. Is the firewall black or body color I can't tell in the shot? Are you doing a mostly stock look?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The firewall and back side of the hood are done in body color. I prefer a stock appearing car. If you take a glance at my garage photos you will see the suspension, brakes and drive train are not stock. The original drive train motor, trans, and rear end are safely tucked away for later use.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts