Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Looks like all she needs is some seatcovers and an aircleaner... :lol:

How extensive a resto are you going to do?

Stick shift GTO's FTW.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
She needs a really good cleaning, seat foam (covers are great shape), headliner, carpet (or some dye due to a faded portion), and eventual paint. I will need to check brake system as well. It didn't start when I tried it yesterday. I think it's electical but not sure yet. I may need to call a real mechanic to help me get it going, just not sure yet. That's pretty much it from what I can tell so far but I am sure I will find more things that need attention. Right now I just want to get 'er on the road. Don't know how far I will take the resto. I guess it just depends on time and money.

Speaking of dying carpet has anyone tried it?

·
Registered
89 Posts
All girls need a bit of touch up..she will look great soon.

Is that Fathom blue?????

that's the color I'm painting my '67 conv.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nothing hotter than a 40+ year old. A true MILF (Muscle I'd Like to Fix)
Now that was a real classic.:lol:

Well I just got the trunk open today for the first time by crawling through the back removing the latch and guess where I found the keys to the trunk.....yep in the trunk.
Anyway here is a few more pics:

Attachments

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Nothing hotter than a 40+ year old. A true MILF (Muscle I'd Like to Fix)
^^^:rofl: Ok, that was funny.
No wonder the wife is pissed about the 66 Chevelle. I now have 5 MILFS...:willy:

Car looks good, Michael. Very solid starting place.
I'll be getting the your GTO's little brother Saturday...66 Chevelle SS...:)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Speaking of dying carpet has anyone tried it?
I dyed the carpet in my Javelin about 20 years ago, from maroon to black. turned out OK, but it was a messy process. Looks like your carpet is already black, you could try the spray can dye that also works on vinyl, I think SMC is the brand. But...for high wear areas like carpet, kick panels, and seats the dye may wear off quickly.
Nice car, and good luck!
Jeff

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the kind words guys. As my resto experience and knowledge is non-existent, this is about the only type of fixing I feel I could do. All that welding in new floors and stuff is WAY out of my league.

I bought a can of the spray just to see how it's going to look. The carpet is brand new but has a couple of faded areas from direct sunlight from 1999. Yea the previous owner said it had been about 5 years but I found a reciept in the car for all of these new parts from '99. If it doesn't match I will just buy some new.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 22 Posts