Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I have a couple of lingering problems (one getting ever more annoying ) I will have serviced.

1) The light bulb below my driver side power mirror no longer works

2) I have been getting constant SES lights accompanied by "Safe Mode - Reduced Performance" on the DIC

Problem #2 is becoming VERY annoying. I think it's a faulty pedal sensor.

Anyway, I'm taking it to a dealer from whom I did NOT purchase the car. I don't think this matters. But, I did talk to their sales guy and take a test drive there. But, their price sucked.

Anyway - wish me luck :cheers

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As I suspected, it was a faulty pedal sensor that was throwing codes. I got it back today and it runs great.

Man, I never realized how much the seats SUCK in my GTP until I compared them with the seats in a GTO. I was sliding all over the place in my morning commute - I stay planted in the GTO seats.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
SJAndrew said:
As I suspected, it was a faulty pedal sensor that was throwing codes. I got it back today and it runs great.

Man, I never realized how much the seats SUCK in my GTP until I compared them with the seats in a GTO. I was sliding all over the place in my morning commute - I stay planted in the GTO seats.
I purchased Maguire's Leather Seat wipes.. I swabbed the front seats down. Made them all shinny and made them really slippery. I didn't like it. Within a week it wore off.... I like the color, and texture of the seats, and the way they keep your a$$ in one spot. I'll just wipe them down with a warm wet cloth unless there is something else out there that will protect the seats without making them all shinny and slippery
FYI
I like the shinny wet look on my tires.... I have tried so many products out there that just don't make them look painted wet. The best product I ever tried was Black Magic silicone gel, but that made the tires gunk up, and every time I washed the tires it looked like black grease coming off... I have tried a product that is the best I've ever used. I thought I'd pass it along to you guys........ It is called More Shine Less Time, made by Stoner. It comes in a spray can. It's water based, won't hurt the wheels and makes your tires look wet. It retains that look even if it rains, and the tires get wet. It will retain it for a few days. I use Trim shine as well for the plastic. It makes old weathered sun faded plastic look new. It too is water based and comes in a spray can... Stoner has a whole line of car care products. I get it here because it's made locally. Many car care places have it. Pep Boys is one. Thought I'd pass that on ........ :D

·
Registered
674 Posts
try a pampers or costco baby wipe for the seats, not the huggies, too rough a texture.

they dont have alcohol, have moistureizers, and clean the leather. works great. been using them on the couches at home and in the cars a few times a year.

·
Registered
590 Posts
GTO judge said:
I purchased Maguire's Leather Seat wipes.. I swabbed the front seats down. Made them all shinny and made them really slippery. I didn't like it. Within a week it wore off.... I like the color, and texture of the seats, and the way they keep your a$$ in one spot. I'll just wipe them down with a warm wet cloth unless there is something else out there that will protect the seats without making them all shinny and slippery
FYI
I like the shinny wet look on my tires.... I have tried so many products out there that just don't make them look painted wet. The best product I ever tried was Black Magic silicone gel, but that made the tires gunk up, and every time I washed the tires it looked like black grease coming off... I have tried a product that is the best I've ever used. I thought I'd pass it along to you guys........ It is called More Shine Less Time, made by Stoner. It comes in a spray can. It's water based, won't hurt the wheels and makes your tires look wet. It retains that look even if it rains, and the tires get wet. It will retain it for a few days. I use Trim shine as well for the plastic. It makes old weathered sun faded plastic look new. It too is water based and comes in a spray can... Stoner has a whole line of car care products. I get it here because it's made locally. Many car care places have it. Pep Boys is one. Thought I'd pass that on ........ :D
Try Zaino cleaner and their conditioner. Both leave NO shine, great leather smell :rofl: Have you clay bar-ed the car yet?

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
westell said:
Try Zaino cleaner and their conditioner. Both leave NO shine, great leather smell :rofl: Have you clay bar-ed the car yet?
No I haven't clay bar-ed it yet. I had it Simonized. It's got a teflon coating on it guaranteed for 6 yrs. If I have any problems it goes back under warranty. Zaino? I don't think I've ever seen that before. Baby wipes sounds good too, as does the Lexan. I'll give em all a try. (sooner or later :willy: )

·
Registered
356 Posts
Speaking of Teflon coating, anyone tried that Dupont Teflon spray wax? Even after it rains my Jeep looks new. :cheers

·
Registered
34 Posts
SJAndrew said:

I've described the driver's seat in a previous post as being as comfortable as Archie Bunker's chair. That means very good to you younger guys who never saw the show.
On a long trip, I got a good night's sleep with the seat fully inclined. The wife could do the same on her side too. Best seats in any wheels I ever owned.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.