Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Exciting news!

US and Costa Rican customs have been a pain in the ass. Purchased my Goat in August in Florida.

US Customs seized it because of too low value given. Took the GTO an extra month in the dynamic weather..

When it arrived to Costa Rica, customs loved it apparently and drove it now and then.. It took several months to register the first GTO in Costa Rica because a new class had to be opened.

Today, I went to visit the customs to pick it up. Saw some damage in the front, and the parchment interior and expresso brown exterior had suffered a lot because of rainfall here.

Now it's time for the exciting news!
Me and my 15 y/o son tried to start it. Battery was drained. Left customs, bought a new battery and tried again. Nope, again. Then we went to the gas station and got some jerry cans. Filled it, took two tries, but finally started! All the workers were supposed to be working but when the goat started everyone came to take pictures of each other in the driver's seat. I'll put a youtube link of the car in a later post.

Long story ain't it?
Have a great day

Attachments

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Yeah, i'll bet they drove it...(Ferris Bueller scene comes to mind), thats probably why the gas was bone dry...LOL. Good to see you finally got her home after all the trials and tribulations (and costs). Really special to a have one off in the whole country. I would bill customs back for any damage at an exorbinant rate as they did you on taxes.

Man, nothing else sounds like a Pontiac motor....love it!!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey man.

Thanks for bringing the claiming up. I'll definitely do that to make them regret the import taxes...

Front rh park light is loose, rh headlights behind the hideaways are hanging down too. :(
Parchment is really dirty because of workers sitting in it etc. But it don't matter man, I love working on cars and I'll fix everything myself.

BTW, I'm thinking of leather instead of vinyl. They do it perfectly here, and for a normal price too! Any comments on that?

Martin

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
if your interior is that nice and the original materials i would clean it and leave it. if it was already re-covered in the resto stuff i would get a correct pattern leather done, love leather seats myself (not for what they cost us up here) but would not tear out good originals.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It is OK. Hanging in some places, and pretty yellow now. I'd love to have leather seats but I also love the originality. You guys have good vinyl cleaners in the US? Think I'll place an order at OPG and just visit the US to pick it up. Guess why? Taxes.....

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
That is a pretty car in Expresso Brown, very nice as a convertible. I'm sure glad it arrived OK and the customs apes didn't do too much damage. :cheers

Oh, and X2 on billing them for any damage done!! Let them sweat a little bit :lol:.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts