Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only got three passes in. I still haven't a clue how to launch at the track. and i am unhappy with my night. well here they are i don't have the slips but i remember them.

1st run. Launched at 2500rpm ... Traction control and missed 4th ... 14.8 1/4
2nd run. Launched at 2500rpm ... Wheel hopped ... 14.5 1/4
3rd run. Launched at 3000rpm and let the clutch slip a little to avoid the wheel hop. ... missed 4th again ... 14.1 Trap Speed of 88mph lol (i coasted)

Good news is i now i can hit 13s. i just need to learn how to drive my GTO lol. Only had i for a month now. I come from front wheel drive 4cyl cars. Its a completely different world.

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
To avoid missing 4th turn your thumb down and grab the front side of the shifter with your palm. Like pushing a little kid by yourside out the way.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
To avoid missing 4th turn your thumb down and grab the front side of the shifter with your palm. Like pushing a little kid by yourside out the way.
HAHA thanx for the tip ill have to try that ... or get a that 400 dollar shifter. hmmmmm i forgot what that one was?

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Even with a high dollar shifter you'll still have the tendency to miss 4th. The most suggested shifter is the GMM.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gmm yeah thats it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts