Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometime between "I think" Sunday night and Monday morning I lost key set numero uno. Sources close to me can neither confirm nor deny the price for a replacement estimated around $350.

Ok enough with trying to find humor in this situation...WHY THE **** ARE THE KEYS SO EXPENSIVE? NOT TO MENTION THEY TAKE APPROX. ONE MONTH TO RECEIVE THEM!

If they don't surface by this weekend I am searching every square inch of my house. It's my luck that I have never lost a set of keys and when I do I can't go down to the local hardware store and have Grandpa cut me a new one.

·
Registered
674 Posts
OUCH! gotta get one of those clapper things that beeps when you clap and put them on my keys. With a 2 year old I know I will be looking for them soon.

And I thought $30 for the camaro ignition was bad, and $65 for the Aurora's was bad.

If I lose my keys thats over $400 because the key to the Aurora is on the same ring as the GTO's. add a clicker and her set is probably $500!!!

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
At any rate, if I must buy a new one, $132 is much easier to swallow than $350. Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually I did find it this weekend as promised, I searched every inch of my house. So GM can hold off on that $132 for now...

·
Registered
410 Posts
key fob is a transmitter. without it's radio signal, the car with not function. Similar to the Vette's keyless ignition but we still get to use the key (fortunately).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.