Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the track today last week before they close for the season. Mods are just SLP LM catback on a 2006 GTO. I could not launch it very well at all. I was running 2.2-2.5 60's running 13.7-13.9 trapping 106-109. My traps were consistent around 108-109 but could not get better then 13.7 is that about normal?

What is everyone elses techniques. I was just revving to about 2k and easing into it.
Nick

·
Registered
505 Posts
One thing i know is make sure it is not heatsoaked. If the intake temperatures are above 100 degrees(which is almost always in slow city driving, idling and waiting in staging lanes) it feels like it zaps 40-50hp because of the timing being retarted by the computer. You could make some jumper wires for the relays to run the fan constantly to cool it down in minutes. Or you can wait an hour or so for it to cool on its own before your run. If you get a programmer or dash hawk or something you can monitor the intake temperatures.

·
Registered
275 Posts
well i went to the track on sunday and i was running 12.7 at 107 mph!! mine goat is an A4!!! mods in sig.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Traction!!!!!!!!

Your speeds of 109 should let you get into the low 13's. It's a matter of practice, especially on the launch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts