Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today on the way to work I picked up a nice screw in my tire. After changing the tire and putting the spare on I came to realize that the org. tire doesn't fit in the trunk. The only way to do that is if you carry something to tie down the trunk with. Good thing that I was by myself since I had to put my tire in the passenger seat. Of course I had something down on it since I had a blanket in the truck.

On a bright note the car drove fairly well with the spare on it while on the high way. It wasn’t something I would want to drive with for a long time though.

I guess it was a good thing it happen before I put my snow tires on, and I know now that when I get new tires for the summer with my new rims to get run flats.

I think the car should of had run flats to begin with. Why have a spare in the trunk if you can't even get the tire in the trunk after you change it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thought the trunk would be the same...from what I understand, there is a piece underneath the 04's that can be removed and that's where exhaust is being routed on 05's...dunno for sure though.

·
Registered
410 Posts
'05's trunk is 7 cu. ft. where the '04 trunk has 9 cu. ft.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts