Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Wow, I never realized that. What the hell are we supposed to do with the tire, try to put it on the leather back seat? As assinine as it was, I'm beginning to miss the crossfires can of fix a flat and electric pump lol.
Joe

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Did you try standing the trunk pad upright against the gas tank cover -- then standing the wheel vertically -- with the bottom of the tire in the spare well?

If that doesn't work -- go to Discount Tire Direct or America's Tire -- get one of the plastic bags they use for customer tires, fold it up and put it in the space under the spare.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Well I have managed to fit a stock 17" tire and wheel in the trunk twice. With the cover up it can be stood up at an angel and the trunk lid closed. It does not fit flat in the well for sure. I don't think even with the fuel tank somewhere else that the well is large enough to accept a flat laying flat.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don said:
Well I have managed to fit a stock 17" tire and wheel in the trunk twice. With the cover up it can be stood up at an angel and the trunk lid closed. It does not fit flat in the well for sure. I don't think even with the fuel tank somewhere else that the well is large enough to accept a flat laying flat.
I stand corrected; I was just quoting someone’s post. I thought about what you said didn’t think it would work. Don’t want to find out first hand. The tire bag still sounds like good idea. I wonder if it fits inflated, must be tight.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I wish I didn't know. The first time I dropped my right rear wheel into a pothole that not only put a hole in the inside side wall but also took a chunk out of the rim and cracked it as well. I had to replace both. What the car doesn't come with is road hazard ins.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.