Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i went to the dealer to get some floor mat anchor for the goat and he said it was 3.73 each. but he then said it should be coverd under warranty ask the service guy. well i did and he said yes it is coverd :party: . i just have to bring it buy and let him see it before they order. iam i the only one with the broken floor mat anchors. lets all got to the dealer and get our replacements. who knows they may get a gp (group purchers) :rofl:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Those floor mat anchors stink. When I bought my car, they were missing -- so I asked the salesman to get some. Wound up snagging them from another car. Got home and took the spare and stuff out of the trunk to pack in flares, flashlights, etc. -- and found 4 more. Glad I kept them because the teeth at the bottom break every so often. Very weak point in the design. Earlier this year, a guy with a CNC machine was going to make them out of metal -- but blew it off once he got a sample in the mail.

Good to know I can get some more under warranty, though. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Wolfdogs said:
dont put a hole in your carpet man......thats just plain stoopid and uncalled for. align your floor mats when you need to and go on down the highway :)
The holes are already in the carpet.
I'm going to have to go to the Opel Dealership and have a whole bunch of things done to ours. All the TSPs too.

G

·
TIP:

yes these ancors are a lame design .. but DO NOT use a skrewdriver on them ..even tho they have the slot for one.. they will snap.. just use pressure to push it down then turn them with your thumb...

you will want to anchor them .. I would hate to see a post where you were racing someone and crashed because your carpet made your foot slide .. or was sliding all over the damn place LMAO...

allways a good idea to anchor everything down prior to racing... :willy: :party:

G

·
Tom said:
many places make you remove floor mats (both sides) before you are allowed to pass tech inspection, and get on the track.
the tracks here do not care what you have is your car.. as long as its bolted down.. the safty inspection guys will check.. if its not bolted down you will need to rip it out of your car before they let you on the track.. not too sure about floormats tho.. LOL... they never checked my floormats... but busting 40 around a hairpin turn heeltoe and your foot is shifting becuse of the floormat being loose is not a good thing.. :willy: :party:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.