Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to replace the stock mufflers on my 05. 1000 miles with the stock ones is enough. LOL For those that have replaced the stock mufflers only on their 05s, what was the part number of the mufflers I am looking for? Also, were they welded on or did you use clamps?

·
440 RWHP/400 RWTQ
202 Posts
Have the super 40's on my car..........part#953049. 3" in/out, offset is on same side of muffler, and weld in. They mount standing up, not laying flat.:cheers

·
Registered
233 Posts
You could just swap mufflers out in the 04 as well. They lie flat, any muffler shop can do it in about 30 min. As for my 04, I have the SLP Loudmouth on mine. I love the way it sounds , but it might be too loud for some.

·
Registered
498 Posts
I was going to put the super 40's on my goat as well (before I cut the mufflers off all together.) I'm a BIG fan of the original 40's though.

g'luck!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Super 40s are on the way. Can't beat $147 shipped to the door. Looks like the neighbor, who has a full on lift in his barn, and I will be doing the install. I guess I should have said $147 plus the price of beer.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Does that include installation? You have to figure that the muffler joint is going to markup the price of the mufflers in order to stay in business and cover some overhead. Personally, I'm surprised that is all they want. I checked another site that had the same mufflers and they wanted $109.75 each. I bought mine off of Ebay for $65 each plus $10 shipping and another $7 shipping for the second muffler=$147 total. If that $100 price doesn't include installation, what are they charging to install?

·
Registered
99 Posts
i went to a muffler shop.. on the 04.. there is basically no way to put any other muffler in there...i was thinking single chambered but it won;t work.. so we tried the 2 chamber.. and they are WAYYYYYYYY to loong! Is an 04 gonna sound good with no mufflers?? :willy: :willy:

Any Advice i would appreciate!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,626 Posts
rollover said:
Does that include installation? You have to figure that the muffler joint is going to markup the price of the mufflers in order to stay in business and cover some overhead. Personally, I'm surprised that is all they want. I checked another site that had the same mufflers and they wanted $109.75 each. I bought mine off of Ebay for $65 each plus $10 shipping and another $7 shipping for the second muffler=$147 total. If that $100 price doesn't include installation, what are they charging to install?
install is an extra 15 per side

·
Registered
124 Posts
Mine has no mufflers and 2 1/2" to 4" tips. It sounds great in the car and away from the car, but up close at idle it sounds horrible. It has an airy sound to it not the ususal rumble. I am looking and have posted in another thread either going with a SS Wroks Straight through muffler system or hushpower mufflers right before the tips. The guy at the exhaust shop said he recommended the flowmaster hushpower tube mufflers. I just can not decide.

G

·
04BlkGto said:
are you sure.. Is there no doubt in your mind.. you are the man to ask on these things.. is it gonna have the same grunt!!!!!!

Thanks
Blake
well, no, it wont have the same grunt because losing backpressure takes away some low end torque, but the gain on the top end will make it well worth it. Besides, less torque equals a harder launch without wheelspin.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.