Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To those that can help. Probably an easy one for those on here but I'm confused. Ok, have an 1968 GTO with the three speed. Aside from an awesome mechanic who helps when I need it most, my experience is limited despite the reading I do on the internet. The foam seal that sits on top of the air filter pan was in terrible shape so I tore it off, cleaned up the adhesive and will install the new one this weekend. Easy. However, I have this Ram Air seal for the hood which I grabbed from Original Parts Group and I don't see how this installs into the upper part of the hood via the air baffle. Is this an integral part for much? I've driven the car for two years without one. If anyone has any information on this I'd greatly appreciate. Just don't know what to do with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BearGFR, thanks for getting back to me on this. I'll take pics this weekend. The foam seal for the top of the air filter pan went in no problem. I had the air baffle off, the part that screws in underside of the hood, and I just can't seem to figure out the fit of the seal. Again, I'll take pics. Thanks for the help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts