Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must admit that while I do enjoy reading the many posts of those of us who enjoy forever going faster, stopping quicker and cornering harder, I love my car the way it is. There are faster cars, prettier cars, etc., but I love mine for what it is. The only thing I am going to do to it is put on some white rally stripes in the spring. Can I get an amen from those of us who just love the car AS IS?
:cool

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess my point in the first post was that my car is everything I expect it to be. I may be in the minority but that's fine, it's just my opinion. For me, it's not a track car so I don't need rail-like handling, rocket-powered acceleration and supercar braking. I know that many us feel that our cars are lacking in these areas, but I disagree. So ridicule me if you want, I can take it, but I love my car as it is. Just wanted to put in my $0.02. I will now sit back with my trusty fire extinguisher and wait for the flames!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I agree! This is a great car out of the box. I don't use 50% of this car's capability, so performance mods really aren't necessary. That said, it is missing a few items that I hope to add over time: electrochromatic mirror, seat heaters, better all season mats and wheels/tires.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree also, I put a radar detector and walmart floor matts that match the peddles and thats it. This car is not a everyday driver for me, won`t be putting many miles on it. I can fit our golf clubs in the trunk and get to the course before anyone else and be riding in style. If I don`t beat them on the course I can beat them on the trip home.
I don`t get alot of looks in this car and that suits me fine. It`s a real sleeper. I think this car will maintain it`s value thru the years and if you keep it stock it will be worth even more. I sure would`nt buy a car that had alot of mods on it over one that was stock.
It gets better mileage than my other rigs and that`s perfect for golf road trips. Hunter

·
Registered
64 Posts
Happy with the GTO just the way it is, I parked it next to an 05 stang at a closed dealership today and I have to say I could not find that " gotta have it thing" when looking at the stang. The new stang look is starting to wear off with me, still a great car for the bucks but very glad I did what I did.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes, I do like the sound - much better than stock (my opinion). Inside the car with the windows up, it still sounds pretty mild - outside it is a different story. The only thing that I'm not too sure of is when you let off the gas, those rumbling (popping?) sounds are much more noticeable. Same noises as on the stock exhaust, only louder.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I want better brakes (need those C5 pads at least) tighter suspension, and faster steering response.

Would love a Holden HSV GTO body kit but too much $$ for no performance improvement.

All else is peachy. :cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
jons04bluegto said:
I guess my point in the first post was that my car is everything I expect it to be. I may be in the minority but that's fine, it's just my opinion. For me, it's not a track car so I don't need rail-like handling, rocket-powered acceleration and supercar braking. I know that many us feel that our cars are lacking in these areas, but I disagree. So ridicule me if you want, I can take it, but I love my car as it is. Just wanted to put in my $0.02. I will now sit back with my trusty fire extinguisher and wait for the flames!
No flames from me. I don't push it even close to its acceleration, braking, or handling limts, either. I just like owning and driving it. By the same token, from what I read from other owners' posts, it's a great platform for modification. It's a car that can be appreciated by a wide range of people (except maybe for those who have back seat passengers or need trunk space for more than a box of Kleenex).
:cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here's my $0.02.....
I'm in the military and have been overseas (Germany) for most of my career. I purchased an 04 GTO and I love it!!! I've done some mods to it and I must say there there isn't a car over here that cost's less than $100K that can beat it on the autobahn. One thing that I don't understand is why there are soooooo many fast cars in the states and we have the most restrictive speed limits in the world!!! Here in Germany, you can drive your car as fast as it will go. I've had my GTO up to 177mph (as indicated on my GPS) with much more pedal to spare. I will post the video of me leaving an AMG mercedes way behind on the A6 autobahn as soon as I figure out how to do it. I would love to see a Mustang do that.
I've installed the Magna charger (complete kit), done some head work, bigger brakes, AGX gas shocks, Eibach lowering springs, 275zr 35/18's rear and 255zr 40 18's front, and a Corsa exhaust system, and the program that came with the magna charger.
One thing I do love about Germany is that you don't see any of those little "Fast and Furious" wanna be cars over here!!!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.