Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so it's not the C6 or the GTO, but I've had 2 good races with the little Cavalier with it's Ecotec.

I ran a guy with a Scion TC. It was real close from 70 up till I hit the rev limiter at 108-110. It hit's the rev limiter hard enough to throw you forward and lock the seatbelt. It was real close, but if I would crushed him if I hadn't had 500+ lbs of junk that I was moving to California in the thing.

Raced a Focus hatchback with a fart can on it. I crushed him pretty bad. From 75- 100 I opened 10 cars on him.

The Cavalier, even with 500lbs of junk and me running 5-10 over the limit which is 75-85 mph, got 38.7 mpg on the trip. It's an ok trip car.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
:lol: Sorry bra, the ride might change but not the driver....

The 1st car I bought for my son was an 05 Cav LS Sport. Great car I thought for a 16 year old and I had fun driving it myself a couple times but the seats I felt sucked for a long haul. With in 6 months he started refering to it as the crapolier and it was gone after 18 months... personally I'd a kept it for a DD but I stole that car when I bought it new from the dealer so it still had $6500 of positive equity when we replaced it in 06.

Fergy, keep rockin and good luck out west!:cheers

Red.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The funniest part is, I'm sure these guys in the Scion and the Focus thought cool were really running fast. In the meantime a guy with a Mustang, GTO, or Vette would have dispatched us in about 2 seconds and the C6 or the GTO guy could probably leave it in 6th and give us a decent run for the money while we rung out the gears.

·
Registered
730 Posts
The funniest part is, I'm sure these guys in the Scion and the Focus thought cool were really running fast. In the meantime a guy with a Mustang, GTO, or Vette would have dispatched us in about 2 seconds and the C6 or the GTO guy could probably leave it in 6th and give us a decent run for the money while we rung out the gears.
funniest part of it all i have actually done this once withot knowing about it with a coworker. he has a honda accord he feels is fast. we were running down the I and he came on me fast, was holding to my door up til 90 in 6th, i dropped back to 70 to see who it was and he dropped back and into 4th i went dusting him.:lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts