Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys this isnt about a race but i need some advice i always see this guy in a ford gt roll around and i even tried to race him one haha which didnt turn out good for me. but anyway im at the beer store last night and hes there and we are shotting the sh*t and im tellin ghim how ive gotten my car a lot more modded now so this weekend he wants to race me. you think ill get destroyed? ive raced other high 11sec cars and pulled out wins but i dunno the ford gt scares me and btw his is probably the sexiest one its baby blue with a white stripe and baby blue leather its unreal

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Those cars cost 150 grand for a reason. The ONLY one I've ever seen in real life was on display at the UAW-Ford 500 at Talladega back in 06. It too was baby blue with the pin stripe. I would be honored that he'd even give you the time of day, let alone race you.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
You are going to get your as* handed to you unless he is the worlds worst driver. Having said that go ahead and run him in a safe area, no reason not to.

You can’t enjoy the highs unless you experience the lows…Good Luck Bro…;)

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
If its just for fun hey why not but also be prepraped to take it cause it is going to be fun but for him. :lol:

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Those things come stock with 345 tires in the back if Im not wrong ... if your racing from a dig, his tires already basically rule your mods :cheers

You don't really stand too much of a chance of getting close to him.

·
Registered
730 Posts
it's gonna be fun. and you're gonna wish you hadn't posted the idea of running him cause it might ruin your 50 - 0 kill record so far against hondas and miatas. :cheers just picking with ya. video would be nice of the aftermath.

·
Registered
299 Posts
A friend of mine bought a 2006 with that was white with the blue racing stripe. I never drove it but road in it several times. That was one of the few times I have been scared in a car. We took it out on a closed runway and opened it up. From 0-100 it was a blur. He had done 0-60 in 3.3 with practice. That has got to be one of the most beautiful cars built. It would be murder but still try.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I drove a friends GT at Buttonwillow in California. The car was awesome. If you were to get on a road course you would need a 1000 hp to keep up with him. They are just natural on a track.

Drag racing a GT isn't nearly as hard as my C5 Z06 or my GTO. As mentioned they have nice wide tires and the best shifter and clutch feel.

Where you have an advantage is, to get the most out of it he is going to need to thrash a 150-200k car to beat a GTO.

They are solid mid 11's to low 11's so if you are beating true high 11 second cars then you have a shot. It's not going to be a lop-sided victory for him if he does beat you.

Once you get above a 100 though he's going to really have a huge advantage in aerodynamics.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I drove a friends GT at Buttonwillow in California. The car was awesome. If you were to get on a road course you would need a 1000 hp to keep up with him. They are just natural on a track.

Drag racing a GT isn't nearly as hard as my C5 Z06 or my GTO. As mentioned they have nice wide tires and the best shifter and clutch feel.

Where you have an advantage is, to get the most out of it he is going to need to thrash a 150-200k car to beat a GTO.

They are solid mid 11's to low 11's so if you are beating true high 11 second cars then you have a shot. It's not going to be a lop-sided victory for him if he does beat you.

Once you get above a 100 though he's going to really have a huge advantage in aerodynamics.

He would have had a shot if he simply did beat 11 second cars, but when he says he has done it, its really more like random roll races with no 3 honks. Honostly, he cosiders himself lucky when his tires hook in second gear.

·
Registered
48 Posts
i know how to beat a GT easy, all it takes is one simple step...

before u race let the air out of his tires, flat tires = slow car! hahahahahaha :willy::willy::willy:

·
Registered
461 Posts
just wanted to say that this is the first time Ive ever heard of a terminator...and that even if he beats you, he is getting worse gas mileage and paying a lot more on insurance...lol

·
Registered
730 Posts
just wanted to say that this is the first time Ive ever heard of a terminator...and that even if he beats you, he is getting worse gas mileage and paying a lot more on insurance...lol
where have you been for the last 5 years or so? termis have only been the hottest thing on the mustang market since the fox chassis.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I believe the the nickname Terminator refers to the 03/04 Mustang Cobra's. I can certainly be wrong on this one.

I just so happen to hear a Ford GT pull away and it was loud and scary. I'd pay whatever in gas to drive that thing.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts