Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always been an import fan, but my wife convinced me to take a look at a new GTO. We had a 350Z, but now i have got a impulse blue GTO. I was so impressed after I first drove the GTO that less than two weeks after I drove it, we bought one. I really don't know much about the GTO. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to it first. By the way, it is an automatic. :confused

·
Registered
584 Posts
Welcome to the Family:party:
Congrats on the GOAT and the switch from Imports to Aussie/American Muscle:cheers
Of course you got the best color:cool
did you get the Blue Leather?
Well It really depends on what your preference is
You can do suspension work
Springs, Shocks&Struts,Sway Bars, Strut Tower Brace, Swapping Bushings
or you can get a CAI
or a Cat Back exhaust
Just a few suggestions

·
Registered
850 Posts
Welcome to the herd!:party: I have a 2006 spice red A4 myself! The first thing I did was add XM radio...I plan on having the windows tinted and then add some new headers, pulley, exhaust...etc! Do what you want though...it's your baby!:cool

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
mungleman said:
I have always been an import fan, but my wife convinced me to take a look at a new GTO. We had a 350Z, but now i have got a impulse blue GTO. I was so impressed after I first drove the GTO that less than two weeks after I drove it, we bought one. I really don't know much about the GTO. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to it first. By the way, it is an automatic. :confused

Turn the amp up!!!!

Oh yeah and welcome to the herd!!!!:D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nothing wrong with the auto, I've always liked stick cars ( my TA has a 4 speed )but the GTO auto pulls hard and steady. People have complained about quick shifts at low speed, but for normal driving (low speed), why worry.

Plus, with all the shifter issues on the M6 cars, the auto seamed less annoying.

Just drive it and enjoy!!! :cool

·
Registered
105 Posts
GOATGIRL said:
dealernut said:
Turn the amp up!!!!

He's right about that!!!! Dealernut and our Finance Director turned my amp up and it made a HUGE difference in the sound of the stereo system!:D
The amp is in the rear of the truck area, correct? Does it have a gain control or something?

:cheers

·
Registered
381 Posts
GOATGIRL said:
PHOTOGOAT said:
It does have a gain control...that's what we turned up...:cool
:agree that was one of the first things I did much better than without... there is also something that you can do when the accessory function is on, and the stereo is off, but I don't remember if it deals with the stereo or not, i am pretty sure it does. Steve did it for me, so ask him. GTODEALER

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.