Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I fist come to the forums, the main page won`t load, it says it`s done, but I only see the banner on top and have to click one or the other GTOs, or my priviate messages link to navigate away from the blank page. This is what it looks like...

If I just leave it there and later try to close the window I get this error...

It only happens with this forums and it just started the other day. Once I finally do get in, then I`m able to move around thread to thread, it`s just when I open the main page the first time do I get the grief. Any idea how to make it stop?? VISTA by the way.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Try deleting your cookies and dump your temp files as well. Maybe this will fix it.

I have Vista and not impressed with it. Mozilla Firefox doesn't work as well as it did with XP.

·
Former Super Moderator
9,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip, I did what you suggested but it did not help. I got the blank page again, had to click the GTO icons a couple times, and even after I re-logged in and clicked this thread from the main page(when I finally got there) I got a blank page and had to refresh the page about 5 times before it loaded fully. :(
All other forums I frequent seem to be fine.

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Get a Mac!!!

Ever since I went to a Mac, I never looked back!!!!:D

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
There is some conflict with the site and your puter's browser. Have you tried deleting the bookmark and any link to the site, then without doing a cut and paste, type the link back in? Other than that I'm at a loss.

Do you have 2 browsers i.e......Firefox and I.E.? If you have multiple browsers try both and see if the problem is on both.

·
Registered
304 Posts
This happens randomly to me as well. Yesterday it took me at least 5 minutes to navigate into any GTO forum page (including the home page). I tried IE 7.0, AOL Explorer, and AOL. Each browser had the same problem. I thought I wasn't going to be able to reply to my LLOOOONNG post lol.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
AOL uses I.E. so you are using the same browser when accessing the net.

I use Mozilla Firefox for my default browser.
I use I.E. for Outlook express or Windows Email when emailing through verizon.net. Other than that I do not use I.E. Firefox boasts stricter internet security.

I have not had any issues with this site on either browser. This site at times does slow up.

·
Registered
21 Posts
This might have been a problem with an ad campaign we were running. The ad has been taken off. Please let me know if you are still having this problem.

-Dan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts