Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across a 1961 (pretty sure) Pontiac intake with the 3 2 bl carbs at a car show last weekend. Didn't buy em but I will if someone wants em. The guy was asking $450 for em and he wasn't real firm on the price. Should be able to get em for at least $400 if anyone is interested. Carbs defintely need rebuilding but they were all there and not "locked up". Looked like most if not all linkage was there also. Better yet- Here's the guys info Rubin Clark 336-325-7014 Let me know what happens- just curious if I was able to help anyone out. Thanks-Panhead

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
They're definitely worth something. Problem is, being 1961 they aren't going to fit heads from 67 and up (maybe earlier, I don't remember for sure where the 'break' is).

Bear

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking more about the carbs. The intake used by someone could be repo bought but that center carb I am reading is getting hard to find. Maybe not worth the $400 or so, don't really know. Is it true that the year is on bottom of intake? First # is last # of year, or something like that?

·
64-67 Expert
8,561 Posts
There is a casting number on the top of the intake. Don't know it for the early units. It will fit engines up to '64. Not real popular these days, but the few guys looking for one will value it highly. All the carbs are small compared to the later units. $400 is probably a fair price in the condition you describe. Thanks for posting, hopefully it'll go to good use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts