Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 66 gto has numbers matching block but not top end. 4 barrel car. it also has old 70s repaint, wrong color. i found a wrecked 66 bonneville with 421 tripower. money wise is it worth it to put in the gto. i know set of the pants and silly grin wise it is. $3000 for bonneville posi 12 bolt rear, runs and drives. i would pull what i need and let go the rest.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
No way do you want to put that 421 in yur GTO. What you need to do is sell it to me, so I can make sure it's kept safe.

Jeff

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Where are you located, and how badly is the car wrecked? It sounds like a neat car to restore, and i am interested! I'm in central California.
Jeff

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Sounds like a rusty, donor car, then. If you can get it for around 2500, you'd be doing well. Myself, if it were in my neck of the woods, I would spend that for just the motor and intake. I haven't seen a 421 in a loooong time. I have a 428 block, but it needs a lot of work, including a crank. I'd rather run a 421. It just "sounds" better than "428" or "455"!!! Good luck with it!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts