Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Cheby's body shop. Wife backed her new Malibu Maxx into a truck.
Munday Collision- Houston, co-sponsor of our raceteam.

Her accounting = 3 sentences.
I backed into a truck.
It's only paint.
You can fix it.

Anyway, there sits a pristeen DeLorean, and when I ask the manager, it was his Dad's, has only 518 miles. "Any problems" I ask.

None. Only the tires are flat spotted from sitting up :eek:

I'd bet not too many around the globe with mileage like 518 original.

:seeya:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Did'nt they have a Peugeot V6 in them. I remember sitting in one when they were new. I always like the gullwing doors. The stainless finish would be a PITA to keep looking good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Always got me scratching my head because if you only knew about a DeLorean from Back To The Future, you'd think it was quite a fast machine when in actuality, it was doggedly slow. Even with the 4 speed manual. Not really a car to lust after for anything other than exclusivity or unique style.

·
Registered
314 Posts
fastball said:
Not really a car to lust after for anything other than exclusivity or unique style.
Hmmm, with the exception of horsepower this sounds eerily similar to the GTO.

:cheers

·
Registered
36 Posts
fastball said:
Always got me scratching my head because if you only knew about a DeLorean from Back To The Future, you'd think it was quite a fast machine when in actuality, it was doggedly slow.
well i guess movies are just movies.. u can take anything and turn it fast... why not a golf caddy on the highway going 140 mph ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Buffalo said:
Did'nt they have a Peugeot V6 in them. I remember sitting in one when they were new. I always like the gullwing doors. The stainless finish would be a PITA to keep looking good.
It had a PRV (Peugeot Renault Volvo) 2.85l V6. :)
The stainless is much easier than paint to keep - and, in fact, is easier to clean!

fastball said:
Always got me scratching my head because if you only knew about a DeLorean from Back To The Future, you'd think it was quite a fast machine when in actuality, it was doggedly slow. Even with the 4 speed manual. Not really a car to lust after for anything other than exclusivity or unique style.
It has a Renault 5-speed. It's very very long geared and is pretty much identical to the Lotus Esprit V8 box.

I have owned 2 DeLoreans so if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them :D

Slow? Ish... 130bhp isn't a lot. However, it'll do 0-60mph in 8 seconds which isn't that bad!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts