Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a "new" feature of the stereo system after having owned my GTO for a year and a half. I've occasionally had the stereo come on when its been turned off. I figured out last night that, if the stereo is off, it will turn on if you hit the mode button on the steering wheel. Guess I should have known that from the beginning.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Xman said:
I found a "new" feature of the stereo system after having owned my GTO for a year and a half. I've occasionally had the stereo come on when its been turned off. I figured out last night that, if the stereo is off, it will turn on if you hit the mode button on the steering wheel. Guess I should have known that from the beginning.
That's okay...do you know that your amp can be increased from the factory setting? The factory only has it set at 50% of it's true power....turn that joker up and it will improve the sound of your system!:)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Probably another obvious one, but it took me a month to figure out that, when in CD mode, if you hold down one of the << or >> keys on the wheel for about 2 seconds, you will switch CD's. I guess I should RTFM!

Gary

·
Registered
850 Posts
gto_lady04 said:
Does this also go for the 04, we've only had the GTO for 2 months tomorrow(in fact).

Hmmmmm, might have to take her out for an anniversary celebration!!:party:

But seriously does this go for the 04 amp as well.

Monica
I think it does....

·
Registered
195 Posts
GOATGIRL said:
I think it does....
Yes it does. I didn't think it made a huge difference though I didn't crank mine. Mainly I just had to turn the bass down in as it was too low end heavy for my tastes.

Xman - I hit the mode button with my long monkey fingers a long time ago, but the first couple of times I was like "what the heck!!...." to why the stereo suddenly turned on for no reason!:eek:

·
Registered
83 Posts
In addition to turning the amp gain up, I found the sound was best when the "EQ" feature was turned off, and the sound modified with the standard bass and treble.

Regards,

Gary

·
Registered
224 Posts
I also found that there are 4 presets for the over speed sensor "chime" mine are set to 30, 50, 60, 130:cool pretty handy when your in and out of so many cotton pickin' speed zones. Press mode till the O/Speed shows up and quickly press MODE again and then use the SET & UP, DOWN keys. Also it's cool when ya press MODE & SET at the same time and turn the ignition to the on position LOTS of useful information here.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
teamgs said:
when in CD mode, if you hold down one of the << or >> keys on the wheel for about 2 seconds, you will switch CD's. I guess I should RTFM!

Gary
I read the manual but did not see any of this. Will try the CD switch tomorrow.

·
Registered
176 Posts
GTO_400 said:
I also found that there are 4 presets for the over speed sensor "chime" mine are set to 30, 50, 60, 130:cool pretty handy when your in and out of so many cotton pickin' speed zones. Press mode till the O/Speed shows up and quickly press MODE again and then use the SET & UP, DOWN keys. Also it's cool when ya press MODE & SET at the same time and turn the ignition to the on position LOTS of useful information here.
Hey Kevin if ya wanna keep me on your good side tell me what ya get when ya press the Mode & Set at the same time, and no wise cracks either!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

Monica

·
Registered
700 Posts
:lol:
He's not trying to play a joke on you. You get a bunch of information from the car's computers. Coolant temp, serial number, operating system version, trouble codes and a bunch of other stuff. If you haven't tried it, you should.

·
Registered
850 Posts
baron_iv said:
He's not trying to play a joke on you. You get a bunch of information from the car's computers. Coolant temp, serial number, operating system version, trouble codes and a bunch of other stuff. If you haven't tried it, you should.
:agree Your car will tell you everything you need to know about her!:D

·
Registered
176 Posts
baron_iv said:
I didn't think he was playing a joke on me. The comments were due to another thread we were on. Just havin' a little fun! :lol:

http://www.gtoforum.com/showpost.php?p=64089&postcount=19

·
Registered
700 Posts
Ok, just wanted to make sure. :)
Have a nice thursday.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Interesting. I'm sure a lot of people didn't know about the mode button feature. I never turn my stereo off, in any of my cars. I may turn it down, but not off.

·
Registered
224 Posts
gto_lady04 said:
Hey Kevin if ya wanna keep me on your good side tell me what ya get when ya press the Mode & Set at the same time, and no wise cracks either!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

Monica
Hey Monica Just make sure ya do not press Mode & the throttle to the floor & open the glove box & press the trunk release button and turn the radio on and back off all at the same time or your GTO will turn into a Honda Cvic:eek: :lol:

·
Registered
700 Posts
GTO_400 said:
Hey Monica Just make sure ya do not press Mode & the throttle to the floor & open the glove box & press the trunk release button and turn the radio on and back off all at the same time or your GTO will turn into a Honda Cvic:eek: :lol:
Oh wow, how odd...when I pushed mode, hit the brake, pushed the door lock button, trunk release, changed the radio to 88.8, and farted, my GTO turned into a Z06!
Honda Civic... :willy:
That's like Marrying Alessandra Ambrosio, having a fun-filled night and waking up next to yout mother. :eek:

·
Registered
176 Posts
GTO_400 said:
uuuuh ohhhhh!:eek:

OMG! Too Late, PLeeeeeeease help change it back.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts