Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I found a 2005 red m6 at the dealers lot with 7000 miles on it. It doesn't have any scratches in it or any apparent damage, but the paint has swirls in it and looks like it hadn't been waxed in a while. It still looks really sharp though :D .It's been sitting on the lot for about 3 or 4 months now. How much should I expect to settle on? Do you think they will go down to $28k? More???

I'm looking to trade in my 05 Rendezvous for which I still owe more than what it's worth. I owe $22,300, and on Blue Book its trade in value was $14,000!!! I couldn't believe in one year it could depreciate so fast...

I have great credit and a $40k a year job with the USAF...shame on me for thinking this, but do you think they would slide what I owe on the Rendezvous onto the payment for the GTO ($8300 :eek: ). It would normally be something I would never consider, but under the circumstances...I had so much fun when I had a Mustang GT and I so obsess over GTOs. GTOs are like Mustangs, but much more comfortable, faster, and higher quality. I feel like a soccer mom in that Rendezvous, even though I'm a guy. Thoughts?

·
Registered
455 Posts
If you don't plan to get a new GTO (which seems to be the case as the one you are looking at is used), I would recommend waiting a few years if you can, to where you aren't upside down on the Rendezvous. I'm sure there will be some low-mileage used GTOs on the market in 2-3 years, especially if GM goes ahead with the Camaro or a new GTO in '09 or so, or even if Dodge puts out the Challenger.

Seeing how some people have purchased new '06s for $29k (after rebates), I think $28k is a bit high for the previous year's model with 7k miles on it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Clueless said:
If you don't plan to get a new GTO (which seems to be the case as the one you are looking at is used), I would recommend waiting a few years if you can, to where you aren't upside down on the Rendezvous. I'm sure there will be some low-mileage used GTOs on the market in 2-3 years, especially if GM goes ahead with the Camaro or a new GTO in '09 or so, or even if Dodge puts out the Challenger.

Seeing how some people have purchased new '06s for $29k (after rebates), I think $28k is a bit high for the previous year's model with 7k miles on it.

:agree Great advice...get out of debt. Don't add to it even more.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.