Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the garage didn't stay empty for long. Found this on Craigslist Ohio and had it delivered yesterday. Advertised as a rust free California car she's everything the seller claimed and I'm super happy and ready to start driving this one. I plan on some large diameter wheels, some suspension updates/upgrades and restoring the interior (seats are recovered non stock) maybe upgrading to the Starfire interior. 1961 Olds Dynamic 88 bubbletop, 68K original miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Nice choice! 394CI - popular build engine for the drags. Had a drag 394CI with ported heads, solid cam, magnesium rockers, 3-Stromberg 94's on an Offenhauser intake, transmission adapter, aluminum flywheel, '47 Ford manual trans. Used to fire it up and run it, but never got it on the street and eventually sold it along with a factory '57 Rocket Olds with J-2 tri-power I purchased out of a Model A chassis sitting in a field.

Should be a fun car and no doubt a head turner once you get a few mods done to it.

·
Premium Member
633 Posts
nice. does the speedometer change colors the faster you go on that car? my dad had a turquoise olds, similar to that. forgot the year. speedo changed colors while driving.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice. does the speedometer change colors the faster you go on that car? my dad had a turquoise olds, similar to that. forgot the year. speedo changed colors while driving.
Yes, its a rotating drum changes from green to orange/yellow and then red, pretty cool. I love all the quirky gimmicks from the 50's and 60's. We drove it all over today and it drove really nice. Steady on the highway and did freeway speeds no problem.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you. Some updated pics. So I did luck out and managed to find a complete 1961 Starfire leather interior in the correct color! Quite the score with the floor console and shifter, power drivers seat (2 way!) and fixed passenger seat (1961 only!) new carpet and I did hushmat sound deadener on the floor. Still need to hook up the floor shifter and wire in the console.

Also added dual exhaust with some BIG oval tips. I've scratched my plans for big wheels and tires and any suspension mods.....don't mess with a good thing my Momma always said. I do have a factory cast iron 4 bbl intake and carb I'll be adding over the winter. Going for a "what if" 61 Starfire holiday hardtop which they never made....

On another note.....a coworker just bought a Granada Gold 71 GTO with tan interior and the 455 HO/400 auto, I may get to see it this weekend!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts