Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty guys, I found a set of CCW wheels for a great price. They are off of a C5 Corvette, but they are pretty big.. 17X10 in the front, 17X11 in the back. Will they fit?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just spent the weekend under the fenders of my GTO and don't plan on putting anything wider than the stock 8" wide rims unless you really know what you are doing.

The wheel to strut spacing is very tight up front and the fender clearance is not very roomy either.

At the rear you might be able to add some width on the inside but the fender is a real limiting factor on the outside.

Those Vette rims will make some Camaro or Firebird owner very happy but they are only trouble on a gto.

As of right now the GTO is very limited as far as wide wheel upgrades go.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ain't no way. Not even a torch will help you on this one.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Bolt pattern is different anyway...that stops it right there.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yep, the bolt pattern is different.. by just a hair. They would actually work if I re-torqued the wheels ever so often... But it's not worth the risk... SO I bought another set of stock GTO wheels.

Now the question moves to tires... I found some 275/40/17 race tires on the corvette forum... will the width of the tire look ridiculous?

·
Registered
3 Posts
275's can fit on the stock rear, but it kind of depends on the brand. If I remember correctly the Nitti 555 fit OK.

You'll never get them on the front though.

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts