Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i asked the shop to spray clear on my wheels to coat them, missed the part where i said don't scuff the powdercoat, i'm not worried about adhesion. fast forward to today and my wheels that i put all that time and effort into look like complete $hit!!:shutme

their words... "we'll fix it"

:mad:

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Ouch.......

You've got to be kidding. So does "we'll fix it" mean they're going to completely redo them so they look like they did before they scuffed 'em? Or, does that remain to be seen?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
remains to be seen. They're going to mask the black and spray silver paint. considering it took me an hour to mask and an hour and a half to cut in the shape i'm nervous they're gonna look half assed. :mad::mad::mad:

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Hate to say it, but it seems like more and more that if you want it done right, you have to do the whole darn thing yourself! No matter WHAT it is or how SIMPLE it seems.......

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that's the trouble, i did them myself. that's why i'm so ticked off about it. leave the one final step that i dont have the equipment for to the "pros" and wham, backfired

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
I assumed you were gonna do the clear yourself too. Eastwood makes gloss and satin clears that I have used with very good results. Sorry to hear they didn't have the sense to stop after they saw the first one look bad with the paper....:(

·
Premium Member
4,703 Posts
Give them a chance...see how they do....if it dosen't work out, give them an out by telling them to "strip them clean" and then take the wheels home and "GO BACK JACK & DO IT AGAIN".......I am not trying to make a joke of your situation. Some times you just have to do stuff yourself to get the right results. I am SURE I will be having the same issues with my 67 soon enough!:willy: Eric

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorry, not sure why it didn't give the link.

bought a new motorcycle so haven't had time to swing by the shop and check out the paint job on the wheels. i'm being assured they look awesome, and the rubber's been mounted so they damn well better. delivery date pushed to tuesday...guess they're half done buffing it and then have to put the interior back. why that didn't happen first i have no idea.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i FINALLY had the time to swing by the shop. Wheels look good with their new silver skin. There's now 2 layers of clear over the centers though...i'm not terribly thrilled with the look of them but i think i can live with it. we'll see how that goes once i see it in some straight sunshine. Been overcast past couple days.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts