Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am repainting the frame on my car what is a good paint to use. i am going for the factory finish appearance but i also want something fairly durable as well. What paint works well for suspension components.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,142 Posts
I painted both of mine with rustoleum, I mixed 40% flat with 60% gloss to get the factory 60% gloss. I believe Rustoleum also has a satin that some say is pretty close.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I used Valspar Tractor and Implement low gloss black on my 65. Takes a while to dry but when it does its tough. Barely even scuffed my lower control arms prying the new springs in.

·
67 Basket Case Restorer
2,717 Posts
Eastwood has a Ceramic particle, epoxy paint that comes in Gloss or Satin Black. I used the Epoxy Spray Gray, as I don't care for black frames.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Deltrom 9700

I am repainting the frame on my car what is a good paint to use. i am going for the factory finish appearance but i also want something fairly durable as well. What paint works well for suspension components.
Thanks
I used Deltron 9700.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'll second the vote for Eastwood's Ceramic Chassis paint. I used the semi-gloss and LOVE the look. Also, it was pretty easy to use. I did sandblast my frame first and had clean metal to work with. I also used it on the control arms too. I haven't chipped it yet! Here are some photos of my result...

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts