Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know another GTO owner in raleigh with a 2005 quicksilver, and he shared this fairly interesting story with me yesterday.

He took his car over to a leith ford dealership to bs around with those boys, and to check out two specific mustangs. One had a ram air setup and was apparently good for 350 horses, and one was a Rousch with 475 horses. Naturally he played the "oh I am thinking about trading in my Goat" game, and of course was able to test drive both. The dealer eventually offers him the ram air GT for 2500+the GTO or the Rousch for 10,000+the GTO.

Here is the kicker, as he was walking out to leave the manager approached him and offerred an equal trade on his GTO with the Roush. Apparently somebody had heard how rare these cars really are! Anyways I found it an interesting story that the manager was so ready to drop 10 g's just to get his hands on a GTO.

And he says the even with 475 hp the Mustang just didn't have that off the line torque that we all love so much. Apparently the Rousch suspension is kind of rough to.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Tom said:
my guess is they were playing with him. doesnt the rausch sticker for mid 40s?

if he took the deal he could have sold the rousch and bought a new 06 with change left over.
:agree exactly what i would have done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.