Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Typical morning commute- drinking coffee, listening to Queens of the Stone Age, cruise control at 85, I calmly negotiate the trucks and sub-posted limit retards camping in the fast lane. I start closing on a red 350Z in the center lane. He sees me coming up on him, and drops it a gear to scoot ahead. Whatever. I continue on.

A couple miles further on, I again encounter the Nissan. Same thing. He pulls away.

OK, I thought, what the hell. Not bothering to drop it out of 6th, I felt my right foot suddenly get heavy.

100. 120. The distance between us remains pretty much static.

130. I'm starting to close.

140. Reeling him in.

I pull along side him at 145mph and, feeling friendly, wave. Looking away from the road long enough to glance at his speedo, he grinned, waved sheepishly back, and backed off the go-pedal.

He followed me the rest of the way into Santa Clarita.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had a similar incident with an Infiniti FX35. we were on Highway 505 (which is just like Highway 5). I was crusing at 90 and he would just ride my ass, less than a car length away. I never took my car out of 6th and just goin, 100-120-130-140-145. He would keep up, but lose ground and the gap grew. With this car, i could fix a four course meal at 145, it just feels at home at that speed.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Completely off subject.... I just passed 400 posts....my goal is to surpass Groucho by the end of next month. :willy: :lol:
BTW, thats Mr. Post Whore to you..... :lol:

·
Registered
195 Posts
II-Savy said:
man 145 would have been a FAT ticket. :eek:
No kidding. I would love to push those limits but I just can't get myself to do it in an urban setting. Plus, local police have been ticketing like mad recently. Best I've hit is probably right about the 100mph mark.

I just paid off my first ticket in the GTO......a $10 parking fine! :willy:

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GTODEALER said:
Completely off subject.... I just passed 400 posts....my goal is to surpass Groucho by the end of next month. :willy: :lol:
BTW, thats Mr. Post Whore to you..... :lol:
Slacker.

·
Registered
590 Posts
replies as mod should not count as posts.

my god man, you were just at 300 a couple weeks ago, with me just behind, and i just went

i think there should be titles given as milestone posts are met, 50,100,200, whatever. posted under user name. seen this in other forums.

funny thing about goats; they eat just about everything.

the car is so smooth above 125. hit the 150 mark once; smooth, still climbing, just run out of pavement :cheers

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
I noticed that ....... what the hell happened? :confused
By the way, I've pulled my fatty up to 145 (ran out of pavement) and didn't feel all that comfortable with the way she handled..... maybe I'm just used to a 3k lbs fwd car thats only 2" off the ground with ungodly stiff suspension! :cheers

·
Registered
590 Posts
GTODEALER said:
I noticed that ....... what the hell happened? :confused
By the way, I've pulled my fatty up to 145 (ran out of pavement) and didn't feel all that comfortable with the way she handled..... maybe I'm just used to a 3k lbs fwd car thats only 2" off the ground with ungodly stiff suspension! :cheers
i'm comparing to my old '02 SS Camaro. Take it up to the century and a half and it was a handful of buffeting plastic. I learned to make the sign of the cross very quickly and wipe the seat off when i was done :rofl:

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
bemeyer said:
No kidding. I would love to push those limits but I just can't get myself to do it in an urban setting. Plus, local police have been ticketing like mad recently. Best I've hit is probably right about the 100mph mark.

I just paid off my first ticket in the GTO......a $10 parking fine! :willy:
I had the car for less than an hour before I got pulled over. Was 15 over the limit. Cop asked if I knew why he pulled me over, I said I was doing 60 in a 45. He asked why? I told him I just got the car and it was so quiet and smooth that I did not know my speed. He said let me see your odometer. Saw the 45 miles on the clock and let me go. Then he checked the car out real good. Opened the hood for him showed him the whole car. Turns out he has a 98 C5 and was thinking of a new car. Corvette was a little more than he wanted to spend. About a week later the Pontiac/ Buick dealer where I bought mine had a used 02' Z06 and a 98 C5. They now have an 03' Cobra for my Z06.

F

·
0 Posts
i already have my video proof...and dont worry i dont own a 350z i just find it funny no one has any videos

1 - 20 of 26 Posts