Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my Lingenfelter intake was waiting at the door when I got home today so I was forced to put it on. :party:
It only took me about an hour total. Here's the finished result.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Nice. Let us know how it feels!

I'm also curious how it handles water. I've heard a few people say that CAIs pose a problem with sucking up water if you splash into a mudpuddle. I'm not so technically inclined as to know whether this is paranoia or a real possible concern, but I'm sure either way that the positioning of the intake (ie, if you have it up high, like yours, or hanging down to the wheelwell) has part to do with it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clueless said:
Nice. Let us know how it feels!

I'm also curious how it handles water. I've heard a few people say that CAIs pose a problem with sucking up water if you splash into a mudpuddle. I'm not so technically inclined as to know whether this is paranoia or a real possible concern, but I'm sure either way that the positioning of the intake (ie, if you have it up high, like yours, or hanging down to the wheelwell) has part to do with it.
That can only happen with intakes that go down into the wheel well. You wouldn't have to worry about that with an intake like this.
Plus I've run plenty of cold air intakes that go down into the wheel well and never had a problem. I guess if you went flying through some deep puddles you could get into trouble with one of those.
It sounds nice under excelleration. You can really hear it sucking in the air.
Hopefully I'll get a little better mpg also. :D

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SANDU002 said:
I ordered mine on thursday and is due to arrive on monday. I'll be sitting at the front door with a wrench in a my hand waiting for the UPS truck.
The instructions that come in the box are excellent. Just take your time and you should have no problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.