Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a close friend that goes to evo meets on the weekends (about 15-20 evo's) I showed up in my GTO to check out the evo's, meet some new people. Got nothing but love from them. Cant say the same for my close friend lol he would runs his mouth all the time saying he can smoke me. Coming back from downtown Seattle few weeks back had a mutual friend riding shotgun in my car AKA witness. Friend in his EVO saw there was half mile of open road ahead so pulls beside me at 60mph 5 lines wide. I was waiting for him to take off so I would give him the jump on me. He has cams, exhaust, intake. He takes off I give IM about a full car length, plant the pedal down and blow by him, I hear him down shift as I pass him. By now his motor is screaming I look straight ahead then check my rear view mirror few seconds after I pass I see him 10 cars lengths back with smoke coming out from under his car lol....see the right side blinker come on. Pulls on to the shoulder I pull over about 100 yards ahead of him. Call him ask him what's wrong.....I get "**** think I blew a head gasket" I start laughing so hard. His CEL is on, he runs a scan pulls up as cylinder 3 mis firings. I told him hope you learned your lesson.......We nursed his car back to his place. Haven't heard him running the mouth since then or ever found out what happened to his motor.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Nice kill. I don't agree with your name considering the positive run-ins you had with evo owners, but nice job anyway.

·
Registered
27 Posts
unless a evo has a larger turbo,it's going to run out of steam up top.That's just how it is.what was your friend thinking ,racing a goat from a roll ,:rofl: on a stock turbo?Maybe he will understand now....lol. On the other hand find a evo with a 35r or 40r and watch his tailights dissapear.Unless you have a procharger or somthing similar .

On a brighter note ,Now you can beat him off the line now too.....lol:lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
unless a evo has a larger turbo,it's going to run out of steam up top.That's just how it is.what was your friend thinking ,racing a goat from a roll ,:rofl: on a stock turbo?Maybe he will understand now....lol. On the other hand find a evo with a 35r or 40r and watch his tailights dissapear.Unless you have a procharger or somthing similar .

On a brighter note ,Now you can beat him off the line now too.....lol:lol:
From your sig, I take it you own the best of both worlds :D I'm jealous!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah i own both ,only problem is trying to mod 2 cars at the same ..lol
I see in your sig(Cobb AP).Hows that working for you?They just released it for the evo....might buy one.

The accessport is sweet for a couple reasons, it has a few preloaded maps for people just starting, A stage 1 map for stock and stage 2 for a car with a dp. Also most tuners can use it with ease for the big turbo, meth, etc.. Customer support is top notch and the new one has launch control and flat foot shifting capabilities, but I have the old one.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I Haven't heard him running the mouth since then or ever found out what happened to his motor.
Nothing like a good cup of shut the f^@+ up..... :lol:

Nice kill

·
Registered
377 Posts
A true kill and a missed shift. That is a death! What mods do you have? Evos with those mods trap at 115mph+.

·
Registered
103 Posts
http://www.forumeter.com/video/11402/GTO-vs-EVO

Check this one out, it was close.....:willy:
Wished the narrator would have STFU, though. Must be easy to talk smack sitting in the stands and not running what he had, or maybe he couldn't pass tech because he was a tool. Good clip--with the volume down!

The new EVO's are getting more powerful, but also heavier. Too bad GM didn't R&D an AWD G8.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Wished the narrator would have STFU, though. Must be easy to talk smack sitting in the stands and not running what he had, or maybe he couldn't pass tech because he was a tool. Good clip--with the volume down!

The new EVO's are getting more powerful, but also heavier. Too bad GM didn't R&D an AWD G8.
It is a shameful trend. That AWD G8 would weigh over 4200lbs, worse than an SRT-8 but smaller. THAT would be really bad!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Maybe they could take a page or two from dodge and mopar on weight reduction. The srt 4 is very light because of a couple simple creature comforts are eliminated. IE no power windows in back. An AWD race inspired G8 for the daily driving racer with friends.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Maybe they could take a page or two from dodge and mopar on weight reduction. The srt 4 is very light because of a couple simple creature comforts are eliminated. IE no power windows in back. An AWD race inspired G8 for the daily driving racer with friends.
Neons don't have power rear windows as a cost saving feature. On the first body style Neon the shape of the doors didn't allow room for a power window motor. When they redesigned the Neon it was decided that keeping costs low were important. They play it off as a safety feature that kids couldn't get their hands caught in the power window.

I have a feeling with the newfound focus on fuel economy that all manufacturers will take a look at weight. Lets face it, a heavier seat means heavier suspension pieces, which means heavier brakes, which means more power is needed which means a larger heavier engine. All that leads to less MPG which means less sales.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts