Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a bra to fit a 1970, just got it painted, its a light yellow. I want to keep the bugs off and preserve all the money I spent getting the bumper restored.

Anybody know of a place to get one ?

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
bra will do more damage than good in my experiences. Not only will it detract from the Beauty of your car and the clean lines, when it flaps around at high speed it will scuff and dull the paint. They have new spray on bra that is peel off when you want to change it, almost like a thick clear. Have not seen the product on a car though. Best bet is keep a good coat of premium wax on it, wipe the bugs off right away when you return from a night cruise or freeway haul, and stay out from behind gravel haulers.

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
This was discussed at great length about a year ago here, and on the other forum. Aside from being 'just wrong', it will damage the paint job. I've seen and worked on many cars with bras over the years, and all of them had scuff and abrasion damage, sometimes down to the bare metal. Dust gets in there, and it acts like sandpaper. My advice would be to not do it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I just bought a roll of 3M Ventureshield. It is a clear plastic material for protecting the paint. I drive my 67 GTO every non raining weekend. I have been getting a lot of rock chips in my new paint. I hope this will protect it. I will let you guys know

It doesn't look too hard to install and is removable. It is a little pricy but cheaper than repainting the front of the car every couple of years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts