Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some help with the location of all the springs. I made the mistake of pulling them all off without taking pictures or leaving one side together since I have the shop manual. Unfortunately the shop manual doesn’t specify which ones go where. I bought a Dorman brand kit and there are two different size springs that go at the bottom by the adjuster. One is a slightly smaller diameter then the other. Is one for the passenger and one for the driver side? I attached a picture. One is brown and the other is white. If anyone has any pictures that would be helpful. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is everything I got in the kit. I just can’t figure out which springs go into those copper colored pieces. It’s either the blue ones or the green ones. Also I’m not sure if there is a driver/passenger spring between the two at the bottom of the picture since one is smaller then the other. The ones that came off were identical. Any idea if it makes a difference?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
This is everything I got in the kit. I just can’t figure out which springs go into those copper colored pieces. It’s either the blue ones or the green ones. Also I’m not sure if there is a driver/passenger spring between the two at the bottom of the picture since one is smaller then the other. The ones that came off were identical. Any idea if it makes a difference?

Don't think it makes a difference. No "left" or "rights." One was made in southern China while the other in norther China. You could also use your old ones if they are still in good shape.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahaha. Ok. Do you know which hold down spring goes into the adjuster? There are different springs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts