Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Felt like this fits here the best, but I was running through my mind of adjusting my front cradle, but remembered that that bolts are TTY. I've read up that they are becoming/became hard to find, I'd like to find a set or 2 for front and rear if possible, but I'm clueless of where to find them? I've looked around and read that a lot of places that used to carry them, have a scarce amount or none at all.

With that said, would a grade 8 bolt suffice in replacement of those TTY bolts if I couldn't find them? and If they are still available where would one find some?

Sorry for asking, cause I'm sure its been asked plenty of times.

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Check out this thread;

http://www.gtoforum.com/f39/rear-cradle-subframe-bolts-27001/

GMPARTSDIRECT and GMPARTSHOUSE list the bolts based on the part numbers GM4life listed in post #8.

If it was up to me I would pay the extra cash and get the factory bolts instead of trying alternate bolts. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yeah, Id rather pay for the right stuff then anything else, but I said that about replacing the bolts with a different one if I couldn't find them. But I did happen to get a hold of someone form GMPARTSHOUSE, and they said they would have to be special ordered, so Im assuming they could get them.

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
I wouldn't have a problem with a good grade of bolt. The problem is going to be finding ones long enough especially the front ones. You can check the front fairly easily without undoing it. It's just a pointer system unlike the rear which uses a jig.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts