Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I just bought a new black 2006 GTO two weeks ago. A friend told me about this website, and its actually been really informative. Anyways.....so im driving my car last weekend and i hear a "clanking" noise from the front part of my car...I take it in to the dealership and come to find out I need a new "front stabilizer link" whatever the hell that is? Has anyone had problems with this before, especially within the first 200 miles of your car? They had to order in the parts from Lansing, MI. What a bad break, but thank god for warranty. I chose this car over a 2005 CTSV, but im starting to wonder, was it a good choice?

Nick Weber
Manhattan, KS
2006 GTO Black w/red int.

·
Registered
63 Posts
NickWeber said:
Hey I just bought a new black 2006 GTO two weeks ago. A friend told me about this website, and its actually been really informative. Anyways.....so im driving my car last weekend and i hear a "clanking" noise from the front part of my car...I take it in to the dealership and come to find out I need a new "front stabilizer link" whatever the hell that is? Has anyone had problems with this before, especially within the first 200 miles of your car? They had to order in the parts from Lansing, MI. What a bad break, but thank god for warranty. I chose this car over a 2005 CTSV, but im starting to wonder, was it a good choice?

Nick Weber
Manhattan, KS
2006 GTO Black w/red int.
I had this happen, I'm picking the car back up today. Mine was installed wrong from the factory and ruined the link and the rubber parts connecting it. Noise started at about 700 miles.

The parts book shows that the link comes with the rubber parts, but it doesn't. So I had to wait an extra 3 days for the rubber parts to come from a non-standard warehouse. Make sure your dealer confirms that the rubber parts on the end are coming with the link, otherwise you're going to have a delay on a delay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.