• Drivers Who Use Any Octane

Votes: 3 3.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I Would Like To See What Rating Gasloline Most 04-06 Gto Owners Use, And If They Prefer To Get Their Fuel Form Certain Gas Stations And What Their Gas Stations Of Choice Were. Also I Would Like To Find Out If And What 04-06 Gto Owners Use Fuel Additives And Fill Ups And What Kinds They Use And For Any Particular Reason Over Others. My Father Always Told Me To Add Some Marvels Mystery Oil To The Gas Tank At Fill Ups.LOOKS LIKE MY

TIME RAN OUT OF POSTING THE POLE ITSELF. IF ANY OF YOU WANT TO ADD IT GO AHEAD. DON'T THINK I CAN EDIT THREAD TO SHOW POLE QUESTIONS. WAS GOING TO ADD STP GAS TREATMENTS? ZMAX GAS TREATMENTS, MARVELS MYSTERY OIL, VALVOLINE, LUCAS, ETC.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I always put Shell or Sunoco 93 gas in both my cars. No additives except for GM fuel system cleaner once or twice a year.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I always use at least 91 octane fuel, I get premium at the gas station which is usually 93 or 94 but if I get gas outta town they sometimes only have 91. I use Shell and BP all the time when I'm home, whichever is cheaper.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I use Hess because there's come from USA oil...so I am told. Any octane higher than 91 as well.
i use everybody's but hess, figured it would be wiser to deplete another nation's resources before depleting our own. 93 octane although i have run 1 tankful of 89 in there for a test. i like lucas fuel system treatment the kind for both diesel and gasoline...

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
I use Super Unleaded (93 usually) in both the GTO and Corvette...usually Shell or BP but I have never had a problem with the "other" brands...I won't use Citgo even though it is manytimes the cheapest because the Hugo Ce'sar Chavez...hate America thing...I on occasion will put in an additive/cleaner from Lucas Oil...I have added in the Winter storage months Sta-Bil...

Bill

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
93 for mine. But on occasion, when my wallet is realy low, i'll run mid grade 89.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Fuel additives

I Would Like To See What Rating Gasloline Most 04-06 Gto Owners Use, And If They Prefer To Get Their Fuel Form Certain Gas Stations And What Their Gas Stations Of Choice Were. Also I Would Like To Find Out If And What 04-06 Gto Owners Use Fuel Additives And Fill Ups And What Kinds They Use And For Any Particular Reason Over Others. My Father Always Told Me To Add Some Marvels Mystery Oil To The Gas Tank At Fill Ups.LOOKS LIKE MY

TIME RAN OUT OF POSTING THE POLE ITSELF. IF ANY OF YOU WANT TO ADD IT GO AHEAD. DON'T THINK I CAN EDIT THREAD TO SHOW POLE QUESTIONS. WAS GOING TO ADD STP GAS TREATMENTS? ZMAX GAS TREATMENTS, MARVELS MYSTERY OIL, VALVOLINE, LUCAS, ETC.
I use ONLY 91 + octane in my 05 GTO. I will NEVER use any type of additive or Octane booster except for maybe once a year when I use LUCAS injecter cleaner, I will also use fuel stabilizer when in winter storage. I don't like using additives on a regular basis because it screws up your cars Computer system by having it try to correct itself for the octane changes and the change in Chemicals in the fuel. SAVE the 87 & 89 OCTANE for your LAWN MOWER and SNOW BLOWER

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, I do use 93

Yea, I use 93 Octane, Sunoco, and I am from New Jersey. Topped her off to day and had less than half tank. Cost me $32.00. I didn't even bother to see what the price per gallon actually was. It wouldnt of mattered anyway. I dump mystery oil in every other fill up. Cuz, it takes me forever to burn one tank full. In two more weeks will have the goat for an entire year. I just went past 1,036. miles.:party:

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
no empathy for your gas prices...$317 for REGULAR unleaded here...Super around $3.40...I am certain others have it worse...ouch...:party:
Happy New Year.
Bill

·
Registered
114 Posts
93 always for me

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
fuel additives

Yea, I use 93 Octane, Sunoco, and I am from New Jersey. Topped her off to day and had less than half tank. Cost me $32.00. I didn't even bother to see what the price per gallon actually was. It wouldnt of mattered anyway. I dump mystery oil in every other fill up. Cuz, it takes me forever to burn one tank full. In two more weeks will have the goat for an entire year. I just went past 1,036. miles.:party:
91 octane in CT is aprox 3.45 per gallon.

·
Registered
168 Posts
A few weeks ago we were @3.89 for 91 here in Los Angeles. This week we are at 3.64. This is a good week for us and I really wish we had 93 or higher here, but you know CA, strictest in the nation on emissions. I prefer to put either Chevron or 76.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts