Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 GTO and I have seen several posts from people on this and various sites about the intermittent issue I am currently having but have seen no actual resolutions. I am currently getting an error reading of Fuel Gauge Error Contact Dealer/ABS Fault/Airbag Fault, traction control disengages and my temp and fuel indicator needles drop to the bottom. I'm sure that it is electrical as all the faults happen at one time and the issue is intermittent. Sometimes they will start as soon as I start the car, other times they will start while I've been driving for awhile, other times they will start but then stop reading them while I'm driving, and other times they won't happen at all. It is really frustrating! I did recently replace the battery which had a loose positive terminal on the batt, but the issue was happening before then which is what prompted me to change it as I thought it was not making a consistent connection and was potentially causing electrical surges. And I have disconnected the new batt several times and let it sit to reboot ECM but that only works for hours. Any help would be appreciated!!! :mad2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the EXACT same problem and also need some advice. I recently installed an HID light set before the symptoms started. I used a OBD II scanner to see what error codes were coming up, but somehow none were detected--even while the dash said all of these things had failed. What's going on??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should also mention the insulation of the BCM wire bundle can cause a lot of weird things
Do you know where the BCM is located? I have heard it was behind the glove box, under the radiator reservoir tank, and my local GM supply shop said it's in the rear, right trunk compartment when I asked about a BCM replacement part...

·
Former Moderator
4,081 Posts
It's behind the glove box. Most dealers know next to nothing about these cars.

http://www.gtoforum.com/f3/bcm-wiring-harness-chafing-28977/

The second post references there was a software update for '04 gauge clusters that the dealer could flash in to fix some glitches but I'd do the BCM insulation first and see if that fixes it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts