Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only had my GTO a few days and my fuel gauge is stuck on empty. I took it to the dealer and they said the cluster will have to be replaced. The cluster has to ship from Aus. and it will take at least a week. I just wonder when we will have the parts we need here in the US.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Marty said:
I have only had my GTO a few days and my fuel gauge is stuck on empty. I took it to the dealer and they said the cluster will have to be replaced. The cluster has to ship from Aus. and it will take at least a week. I just wonder when we will have the parts we need here in the US.

Marty,

My car had the opposite problem. It was reading full. The car ran out of gas the first day I owned it. There was a service bulletin about this. The gauge package basically needed to be rebooted. The dealer disconnected the battery, removed the gauge package fuse and allowed discharge. I haven't had an issue since. Worth a try anyway.

·
Registered
590 Posts
regarding parts availability, see thread below "Need Help in Abalama"

member wrecked their GTO two weeks after delivery and fenders, hood were all available, which to me was surprise.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The dealer done just what they said the cluster came in a week after the problem. They tried the discharge of power but that didnt work. The cluster had to come off the assembly line because they are not yet avalible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.