Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously thinking about upgrading to fuel injection. I haven't decided on which product to use yet Holly Sniper,MSD, or FI. I would like to change intake manifold to Elbrock,
I don't want to use eixsting Quad jet manifold and carburetor. I have a HEI distributor. Looking for ideas to help me decided.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think Holley is the only one that makes a Q-jet style throttle body. If you're going to swap out the intake anyway, you can go with pretty much anyone. I'm planning on a Holley Sniper myself. It seems the simplest to get started. I will add their Hyperspark for timing control as well. The FiTech seems a bit more advanced, thus complicated. Snipers can be as simple or as complicated as your heart desires from what I've researched.

·
Registered
5,257 Posts
Seriously thinking about upgrading to fuel injection. I haven't decided on which product to use yet Holly Sniper,MSD, or FI. I would like to change intake manifold to Elbrock,
I don't want to use eixsting Quad jet manifold and carburetor. I have a HEI distributor. Looking for ideas to help me decided.
I know nothing about them, but here is a good tech info on what there is and what you may need to add it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have the Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 system, it's a multi-port fuel injection kit. Replaces the intake manifold and distributor making timing completely controlled by the ECU. It's all controlled from an app on your phone (android). It's a pretty nice system overall.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you guys for the updated info.Kind of leaning towards Elbrock system. Just curious ATARCHUS if your gas mileage increase and do you have picture of installation

·
Registered
55 Posts
Thank you guys for the updated info.Kind of leaning towards Elbrock system. Just curious ATARCHUS if your gas mileage increase and do you have picture of installation
It's really difficult for me to say. When I bought the car it had a stock 400, RA IV cam, long tube headers and ran like garbage. It ended up having some internal issues, so I opted for a full rebuild. It's now a fully forged 461 stroker w/ ported aluminum Edelbrock heads and I also swapped from the TH400 to a 200-4R at the same time. I never had the car running well from the start to compare and now it has the overdrive trans and larger displacement. That said, it gets decent gas mileage for what it is and Edelbrock does say the system should improve fuel economy but the're also careful to never make any claims concerning it. But the combination of exact metered fuel in each cylinder and the better atomization of from the fuel injection should yield a modest improvement I would think. Below are a few pictures of it:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I also have the Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4. The car isn't on the road yet but I did have my newly built engine run on a dyno a couple of weeks ago. It ran great. Just a 9 to 1 compression 400 with a Voodoo flat tappet cam and it did 425HP and 480TQ. My plan is to buy a Tanks Inc tank with an in-tank pump.

The fuel line on the driver side will be the return and the one on the passenger side will be the supply. The supply line has an EFI filter mounted near the transmission crossmember.

The driver side line was a pre-bent 3/8" line I got from Inline Tube. The passenger side line I custom bent to mirror the one on the other side. I used ni-copp 3/8" tubing for that as it is easier to bend.

Reactions: coyote595

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The one thing about elbrock FI it has a red distributor cap which I really don't like.Has anyone been able to find a black cap that works with there distributor. I heard that MSD might work,
Has anybody try this yet with positive results any help would be appreciate.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The one thing about elbrock FI it has a red distributor cap which I really don't like.Has anyone been able to find a black cap that works with there distributor. I heard that MSD might work,
Has anybody try this yet with positive results any help would be appreciate.
If it really bothers you I'd just hit it with some high temp spray paint. Matte black would be my guess if you want it to blend in.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts