Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a "National Media Launch" kit for the 2004 VZ Monaro today and one of the interesting things is says is (in regards to the relocation of the fuel tank to meet U.S. standards) "...this redesign has brought about some small bonuses for VZ Monaro customers. First, it allows a full lenght split dual exhaust to be fitted. Secondly, it allows a rear underbody tray to act as a deflector, reducing rear lift on the car by 16 per cent at from 100 kh/h. Less turbulence at the rear of the car provides slightly better aerodynamic stability."
How about that, a U.S. requirement has a positive effect on our PPPPontiacs.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Don said:
I received a "National Media Launch" kit for the 2004 VZ Monaro today and one of the interesting things is says is (in regards to the relocation of the fuel tank to meet U.S. standards) "...this redesign has brought about some small bonuses for VZ Monaro customers. First, it allows a full lenght split dual exhaust to be fitted. Secondly, it allows a rear underbody tray to act as a deflector, reducing rear lift on the car by 16 per cent at from 100 kh/h. Less turbulence at the rear of the car provides slightly better aerodynamic stability."
How about that, a U.S. requirement has a positive effect on our PPPPontiacs.
Groucho will be proud.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yeah, a trunk would be nice, heck, I can't even put something in the backseat.:willy:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Groucho said:
COPYRIGHT VIOLATION!!! :lol:
Well personally I would not care if our cars were sold by Buick. What I find really annoying is how very cool cars from foriegn subsideries of U.S. car makers are decontented before coming to the U.S. Whether our GTOs are sold as Chevrolets in the Middle East or Vauxhalls in the UK or Holdens in the South Pacific they come with three driver memory for the drives' seat as well as for some of the computer functions, they come with dual zone climate control and backup sensors as well. Those guage pods are not an option either. It seems, perhaphs falsely, that it must cost something to come up with parts for the U.S. that replace those used every where else.
It is not just GM that does this. I had an SVT Focus that was basically a rebadged decontented Ford of Europe Focus ST170. It pisses me off to think that somehow we as Americans won't or can't pay for these things. Maybe they just think we are not sophisticated enought to want them.

·
Registered
344 Posts
My understanding is they wanted to market car as simple as possible and keep cost down. By limiting options they can find your car EZ. Say you wanted your color sun roof blue tooth auto or you didn’t want sun roof but wanted well you get the idea. You go to the dealer they have 60 G6 40 Vibes well you can probably find what you want. Personally I’m glad they don’t have standard climate control but would like some of the other options.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Wow, if the gas tank relocation reduces lift by 16% one can only wonder how much more the spoiler reduces it. I bet with the spoiler the car sticks to the road like the mcclaren vacuum cars of the 80s.

Im glad the trunk reduced the lift because i removed the spoiler and now am worrying my rear end might get lifted at speeds in excess of 63 mph.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.