Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We got a break from the heat today here in our part of Texas. A front rolled through. There were some early showers, but by time to leave for work they were all done, the roads dry, and the air cool. It was a perfect day to drive the Beast to work.

You can hear me pedal it almost immediately and let it shift into second gear. Even with the drag radials, on country asphalt there's just no hooking this thing. :D

The Beast, Stretching its Legs

Bear

·
Banned
1,499 Posts
It doesn't seem like you are going that fast in the vid until you go past that SUV then you can see you are really haulin' ass!

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
Many, that is impressive. The car comes off as very solid and tight. And I see you fixed the finish on the hood. Nice commute route, too....I wish mine looked like that. Rolling countryside kind of trumps MacDonald's wrappers stuck to cyclone fences and homeless encampments. How's the new digs?

·
Super Moderator
5,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the kind words, guys. No sir, haven't fixed the hood yet, the paint is still bubbled in a couple places and there are some waves in the metal now where there were none before, but it's not horrible I guess. The new digs are great. I even have a new hot rod...

Bear

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts