Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lined up with a nice black one, '05 I think. Had a large fart can exhaust, not sure if there were any other mods. He was spooling the turbo at the light, so I knew it was on. I spun some at the green, so of course he got out by a length on me, but once I hooked up, velocity was matched. By third, I slowly began to reel him in, but trafic at the next red light forced an end to the race, with him still 1/2 out in front. I knew, from a previous STI test drive, that he'd jump out at the start. I just wish I knew if it was stock, besides the exhaust. :cheers

B

·
0 Posts
so that means, if you had jumped him, the race victory would have been yours!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Tuff race. You basically raced an STi in the 1/8 mile (0-85 mph)
Lightly modded STi's are capable of very low 8s sec 1/8 miles (that's fast)

Modded , they also have nice top end.
A guy over at clubwrx.net claims he pulls on his friends C5 Vette at 100mph in his STi with (engine management, exhaust, and intake).

But it sounds like if you had a little more road, you would have taken him.
Either way it sounds fun.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
STI's are a good run. They normally beat ya off the line, but you catch up in second and third. I have never exceeded 120 with one. I am normally a lenght from them.

But STI's can be dangerous if they have a few mods on them. Definetely a car to respect.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've noticed that the way you drive these cars determines how much/little the torque management interveins (?). On the shift to 2nd I floored the gas very quickly, but it felt like some softening was going on. I didn't notice it so much going into 3rd. Other times, rolling into the gas produces much better results, like the power is more accessible under those conditions. There are times when a roll-on in 2nd will break the tires loose.

118 Posts
You would have had him for sure. I haven't been beat yet by any STi I have raced and that is a lot. Get some drags on the rear and you'll stick with him off the line!

B

·
0 Posts
DOC, we got a member here I would like you to chat with. He also has a 04 and would like to get to your power level. Care to have a chat with him? His SN is 04blkgto.

just tell him BIG MIKE sent ya.

118 Posts
big_mike said:
DOC, we got a member here I would like you to chat with. He also has a 04 and would like to get to your power level. Care to have a chat with him? His SN is 04blkgto.

just tell him BIG MIKE sent ya.
No problem! Have him send me a PM!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts