Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is going to be a group effort, I have seen a bunch of 'em, but I didn't write 'em down. As I run across more, I will post here.
I saw this quote today and I HAD to share:

Aili wrote:
"You might make 100 horsepower per liter but you dont have enough torque to pull a tampon out of a bucket of grease."

That's from the F-Body Association of St. Louis (F.A.S.T) forum. I damn near fell out of my chair when I read that.
So if any of y'all have funny quotes from this forum or any other forum, please share!!

·
Registered
305 Posts
johnebegood, this forum current thread:

"April edition states while GMHTP people were at Livernois Motorsports in Dearborn, Mi.,they were experimenting with custom grind cams designed by Livernois. They state the Stage 1 cam ONLY, produced a 90hp increase. No head mods, only the Stg 1 cam and headers. Tq went up 57 Ft lbs also."

This s***'s hilariuos :D

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This one was pretty funny too, it's by our super-duper moderator b_a_betterperson, replying to someone who said they like the new trans am concept:

"I'll take the flying lozenge shape of our GTO every time."

When ya think about it, it does look somewhat like a lozenge I guess. Just don't allow the mustang guys to pick up on that or we'll never hear the end of it.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I've seen the lozenge reference elsewhere (on a non-GTO forum), but can't remember where. Fortunately it hasn't caught on. :eek:

A funny phrase on this forum, by SJAndrew, was:
"I want a car that sounds brutal...not like a sewing machine or a vibrator in a coffee can." (talking about the Subaru WRX).

I had a good :lol: about the 'vibrator in a coffee can' part. :D

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha, that probably how it would sound. I guess I never put a vibrator in a coffee can to hear that sound though. ;)

·
Registered
305 Posts
By Mike V on the GTO ignition key...

"Other than that, the only issue I have is that huge key. When I take it out I feel like Croc Dundee -- “That’s not a key, this is a key”."

·
Registered
850 Posts
Here's one from s2gordon talking about some bubbling on his car....

"These suckers are going to grow and pop like zits on a kid in puberty"

Not a funny situation but a GREAT line!!!!!:rofl:

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
And now for the Yogi Berra award winner.............

"I am sure the car will absorb as much of an impact as it can."

There is iron in your words for all to see Josey Wales.

·
Registered
104 Posts
This might be a bit off thread, but I heard this the other day...

I believe it was a quote from Ret. General Schwartzkopf:

"Yes, God will forgive these men, but it is my job to arrange the meeting"

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There's a huge number of great quotes by various Generals from around the world, I could easily fill up an entire thread with just them!

However, this is what I found earlier on the camaross.com forums:

"Having a 9 second honda is like coming out of the closet. You might surprise people in the beginning, but in the end, you're still gay."

I thought that was freakin' hilarious! Of course I have a warped sense of humor too. haha

·
Registered
746 Posts
baron_iv said:
"Having a 9 second honda is like coming out of the closet. You might surprise people in the beginning, but in the end, you're still gay."
*cough* Steve *cough* . Just kidding Steve. We all know that Radio is bad ass.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Not car related, but:

"Having a smoking section in a resurant is like having a peeing section in a swimming pool."

"Some people are like slinky's. They really have no useful purpose, but they still put a smile on your face when you push them down stairs."

"What comes around, goes around.... (and it usually wants to collect intrest)"

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
haha, all true pearls of wisdom! :lol:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Hey guy's this one isn't from and forum posting but from a Trans am buddy of mine.
"What are you driving? It looks like a pregnant Cavalier!"

1 - 20 of 24 Posts