Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide if I should get a 04 or 05 GTO. The 05 seems to have quite the edge on the 04's. Does anyone remember the intrest rate offered through GMAC when the 04 came out. And if so, do you think the 05 will have the same intrest rate or any rebates when they arrive late this year/early next year. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
476 Posts
You roll the dice that there will be a huge over supply next year too. I have decided to take the gamble, because the LS2 "appears" to be a superior engine.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The good thing about it is i work for manheim auctions so i get a gm suppliers discount(www.gmsuppliersdiscount.com). YOu walk it to the dealership with a authorization code and they give a special price on any gm vehicle-no hassle. The rebate knocked off 2000.00 on a 04 GTO. Also, any GM rebates or special financing can be used with the discount. I was quoted 27,600 on a 04 from a local dealership, but the 05 still looks more appealing to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i doubt that the dealers are likely to overload themselves with inventory like they did this year. yes there are some nice improvements in the 2005 model year, but my guess is the price will be up some and you won't see any deals till late next year and then i don't think they will come anywhere close to the deals now. if you want one, i'd go 2004 and take your savings and add, modify the improvements you want and you'll still spend less on the 2004 than the 2005. i'm sure you could cut a deal now for the dealer to add the 2005 goodies when available(except engine) for very cheap. i paid 26k for mine-thats over 7k off sticker, that'll buy some goodies :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
I would expect some deals on the ‘05’s. maybe financing or a small cash rebate. However, I doubt there will be significant GM incentives until they get towards the end of the 05 model year and want to clean out remaining inventory. Since they really do not need to overproduce GTO’s like they do Grand Ams and Cavaliers, it would make no sense for them to bring them over and sell them at big losses.

However, I think the big advantage to the deals right now is oversupply on dealer lots. The rebate and financing is nice, but I have seen dealer discounts that equal or top the GM bonus cash. One dealer is selling his remaining GTO’s under $26K (but he is down to a lot full of Silver automatics too). Still, the real reason these cars are a huge bargain is because the dealers cannot move inventory because they have too much. That won’t happen again unless GM forces added inventory on dealers, but again, I cannot see them doing that for this car.

Even if the deal is not as good on the 2005, you are getting a more powerful engine (as well as the cosmetic changes). You also will have a car worth more simply because it’s a model year newer. So I don’t think it’s a bad financial decision to wait for a 2005. More engine and a car that has higher resale would be worth a few more bucks new off the lot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats true NEO, who wants a silver auto. Taking a look around dealerships dosent give you much options on colors. I would like a black/red GTO but still have not been able to see one in person. Only silver, red, or yellow(Blah)

·
Registered
5 Posts
when i bought mine 2 days ago, i could choose any color combo with any trans within 300 miles of michigan. of course the best deal is normally to find the combo you want at the dealer your going to deal with, which might mean driving a bit. i was fortunate and found a dealer to dealer trade, but if i would have drove 150 miles i could have saved another 1000 bucks, but i had a trade and my local dealer treated me very good on the trade and the price on what i wanted, so why bother. i'd guess that the 04's will be 5000 dollars better deal than any 2005 minimum and it could be more until late next year. look around you can find anything you want at this point-at least in the midwest.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Picked up my red 6 speed yesterday for $25,200. Can easily get the 50 hp for the amount of money I saved on an '04.

·
Registered
2 Posts
future GTO owner

Throw us want to be owners a bone and give us the dealer's location and name so that we can also take advantage of the saving or use as leverage on our local dealer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
50 horses can be found cheap, but do a complete brake upgrade and see how much that costs. Or turn your rotors every 15,000 miles

·
Registered
476 Posts
I've heard that the LS2 may be underated to help with the vette's numbers. Any specific info in this new engine?(other than 400hp and 395 ft.pds.)?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts