Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't see this posted anywhere and thought maybe some folks around here might have an interest in watching it.

A show called "Pontiac Test Drive" will be on Friday, July 1, 2005 at 10:30 PM (EST) on the SPEED Chanel.

This is the description I found:

"The 2005 GTO and GXP go head to head against the BMW 330i, Mustang GT and Infinity G35 in independent testing."

·
Registered
937 Posts
PDSSoft said:
I didn't see this posted anywhere and thought maybe some folks around here might have an interest in watching it.

A show called "Pontiac Test Drive" will be on Friday, July 1, 2005 at 10:30 PM (EST) on the SPEED Chanel.

This is the description I found:

"The 2005 GTO and GXP go head to head against the BMW 330i, Mustang GT and Infinity G35 in independent testing."
Check out my thread "Speed Channel 05 GTO Feature ". You can download it from my FTP site and watch it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That was a sweet 30 min 'commercial' for the Goat. Damn ive got to get mine soon...Looks like the GTO is packin' some serious on-demand power :) . I think that show airs again at 10.30; I best watch it over, didn't notice the "gotta have it" factor in that Mustang the first time I seen it ;)

Waders

·
Registered
565 Posts
Man I'm sorry, but they had horrible drivers testing those cars.

They clocked in the GTO on the 0 - 60 test at 6 seconds flat... I don't know what their problem was but I find it easy to get 5 seconds with my baby.

Their quarter mile test showed the GTO coming in at like 13.92 seconds for the 1/4 mi. This isn't too bad of a time at all really, but you can get closer to 13 with a little effort.

Anyway, for being "official" tests they certainly had drivers that weren't familiar with the car and couldn't handle it as it's capable of.

·
Registered
937 Posts
RiceEater said:
Man I'm sorry, but they had horrible drivers testing those cars.

They clocked in the GTO on the 0 - 60 test at 6 seconds flat... I don't know what their problem was but I find it easy to get 5 seconds with my baby.

Their quarter mile test showed the GTO coming in at like 13.92 seconds for the 1/4 mi. This isn't too bad of a time at all really, but you can get closer to 13 with a little effort.

Anyway, for being "official" tests they certainly had drivers that weren't familiar with the car and couldn't handle it as it's capable of.
:agree I said before, I think those boys had the T/C turned on. Their launch SUCKED!!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Just watched it, I recorded it the other night. It was an awesome 30 min commercial. The test drivers did suck though. I can't believe that the GXP would only have been .32 seconds slower 0-60 with the GTO having 100 hp on it. I wish there was a track around here... I'd like to give the ole Goat a good run sometime.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Don't worry about what they said about the GTO, because they sucked. It's very easy to get a 5 second or under run from going 0-60. It's also pretty easy to get into the low 13's on the 1/4 mile and even break into the higher 12's.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.