Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.speedtv.com/programs/297/

Pontiac Test Drive -Sun, Jun 12 4:30PM EST

2005 Pontiac GTO & GXP Pontiac puts their muscle where their mouth is! The 2005 GTO and GXP go head to head against the BMW 330i, Mustang GT and Infinity G35 in independent testing by the SCCA. Hosted by Tommy Kendall and featuring GTO drifting champ Rhys Millen and The Best Damn Sports Show¹s Leeann Tweeden, the GTO and GXP also get a workout on Arizona's Firebird Raceway and surrounding country roads.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Capo said:
http://www.speedtv.com/programs/297/

Pontiac Test Drive -Sun, Jun 12 4:30PM EST

2005 Pontiac GTO & GXP Pontiac puts their muscle where their mouth is! The 2005 GTO and GXP go head to head against the BMW 330i, Mustang GT and Infinity G35 in independent testing by the SCCA. Hosted by Tommy Kendall and featuring GTO drifting champ Rhys Millen and The Best Damn Sports Show¹s Leeann Tweeden, the GTO and GXP also get a workout on Arizona's Firebird Raceway and surrounding country roads.
and the winner issssssssssssssssssssssssssssss >>>> GTO

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How and the hell were they launching their goat? They only acheived what like 6sec 0-60 time? And the quarter was around 13.8/9? :willy:
On a few of the launches it appeared to me that they had the TC on...

·
Registered
937 Posts
Capo said:
How and the hell were they launching their goat? They only acheived what like 6sec 0-60 time? And the quarter was around 13.8/9? :willy:
On a few of the launches it appeared to me that they had the TC on...
I agree. I heard the pulsing screetch on his lauch and then nothing. He could have done much better if he would have shut off the TC. Who does a 0-60 run with TC on?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Thought Tommy Kendall's launch at the end of the show was the best one. Not too much wheelspin -- zero hop -- pretty much the best you can do with the stock tires on the car. What was interesting is that he launched it outside of the rubber "groove" of the racing surface...

·
Registered
432 Posts
The coolest part was the drag race against the Mustang GT, which proves once and for all who is faster. GTO!!! :party: I think the Grand Prix GXP is also impressive. I hope they replay it because I missed the begining.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
That show will air again..... check out the link from the first post for other air times..... by the way the TC is always on..... You have to manually turn it off.
I drove past my local Subaru / Mitsubishi dealer and saw the "hot" model
4 cly. "racers" that are compared to the GTO. Both of them are priced higher than the GTO. Sticker on Subaru read 33,490 while the Mitsubshi read 34,900. Neither of them had better gas mileage ratings either... And the spoliers are, well, to the say the least..... pathetic looking....The hood scoops on both looked like upside down dust pans placed atop the hood. But what do I know :willy:

·
Registered
109 Posts
GTO judge said:
I drove past my local Subaru / Mitsubishi dealer and saw the "hot" model
4 cly. "racers" that are compared to the GTO. Both of them are priced higher than the GTO. Sticker on Subaru read 33,490 while the Mitsubshi read 34,900. Neither of them had better gas mileage ratings either... And the spoliers are, well, to the say the least..... pathetic looking....The hood scoops on both looked like upside down dust pans placed atop the hood. But what do I know :willy:
Ummmm, the spoilers on both cars are functional as well as the hood scoop on the Subaru. I almost think you are making some of this up as the Evo does not have a hood scoop like the Subaru.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.