Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Granted it was a miserably hot & humid FL afternoon. But my '05 6 speed could barely muster a 5.4 sec. 0-60 on my G-tech. I have gotten pretty good at launching my A4 WS6 ragtop and can get it anywhere from 4.9 to 5.4. But 5.1 being the norm. I only have 800 miles on the GTO. And to be honest I am not sure how to launch it. It is hard not to spin it. I wonder what the conditions for Car &Driver were to get a 4.8 sec. Nice sticky track and cooler day, or maybe just a real driver?

Even the wife was skepital that this car was as fast as the TA. I guess its not...at least yet. A little disappointing, but I am sure the LS2 needs some miles on it. The TA got faster with age.

I wish we had something like the "lid" to mod our GTOs like the F-bodys. I remember the day I got my Whisper lid for the TA (its only real mod.) I g-teched it 5 times, then changed the lid, and g-tech it 5 more times. It removed about 3 tenths from my 0-60 times. 15 minutes and $150. No warrenty concerns, what a great mod and bargin!

It has been a long time, but I think the TA g-teched about 5.4 or 5.5 when it was new too. So considering that, I guess I can't be too dissappointed. (Besides the GTO is a nicer car and less expensive!)

Mods are iniveitable. Do we have something like "the lid?"

'05 IB M6
'99 WS6 30th Anniv. (Daytona Lapcar #10)

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I've got 1800 miles on my 05 m6. I went to Gainesville with it 2 weeks in a row now. 1st week I ran 13.05 at 110, and this week was 12.89 at 109. It was hotter this week. I'm using 24-25lbs of air in the tires. I'm cutting real low 2.0 60', with little tire spin. I have no doubt in my mind that I'll see mid 12's with DR's.
I drove a couple GTO's and they really felt like they varied a lot. The first one I drove was definately not as strong as my 02 Z28. This one definately felt a lot stronger. Also, as you know, the LS motors really need to break-in to make full HP. A friend of mine in PA that owns a speed shop gained 15rwhp between 600 miles and 5000 miles on his 04.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Don't worry about the G-Tech times. It can be a little difficult to get off the line fast in the GTO. It takes practice to get it right. I'm still learning. With my G-Tech I only made one run. With a bogged launch and some wheel hop I got 13.5 @ 109mph.

In my Modded WRX I was running 13.7 @ 102 to 13.2 @ 107 mph with my
G-tech. Thats a pretty big spread. Weather conditions seemed to really effect my times.

At the track my WRX ran 12.7 @ 108 mph a full second faster than some of my G- tech times.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts